Europe rejects anti-piracy plans

Ulysses

A few words on that, it's not binding, so if any member decides thay want to do it anyway, they can. Any country that implements such a system should immediately be classified as non-democratic (in the broad sense of the word) imo, since they are taking a run around the complete judicial system.

saying that this is one of the few things the EU are right on, shame there crap at the rest of the law making process, hence why I am very anti euro, each nation in europe should be able to decide its own laws and not let other nation decide what we can and cant do in our own country

This isn't on topic (but the reply to which this is a reply is also of topic, so at least I'm not alone :cyclops: ), but isn't that the whole idea about the EU in the long run, to come together as one 'country' in the  long run. Comparable to the US? Have a joint international policy and divide areas of law between the 'local' government and 'federal' government. I'm talking 'really' long run here (say 50-100 years). If that isn't the intention, then we may as well quit right now and sell our souls to the US, since that's what it'll boil down to then. Individual countries in Europe have zero international influence compared to the US, as a combined block we at least have a chance.

You cannot have a union between nations if they are completely free to change any and all of their laws without regard for the laws of other union members. Going that way, is turning back the clock to the 1950's (or even further). Heck, even without the EU no Western European country is free to do with their laws as they please, every country is bound to a multitude of international treaties. Forming a Union to continuously update the 'treaties' between those countries, is just the next step to take, it's evolution, which in the long run should result in a completely unified Europe.

yeah did get slighty off topic :p

your totally right tesho, I actually think this EU crap is a foolish attempt at a united euro which our politicians insist on pushing us to when most of us people in euro just dont want it.

Why ?  don'y we want a united europe?

if we had a united europe we could better ditate our demands to the rest of the world

just as americans do and now the chinese are doing it.  small countries are on the way out. It's all about size

Why ?  don'y we want a united Europe?

if we had a united Europe we could better dictate our demands to the rest of the world

just as Americans do and now the Chinese are doing it.  small countries are on the way out. It's all about size

This is more to do with the fact that the politicans deciding matters like this without our permission i.e referendum on changing our consitution.  I for one don't want a German/french or any other nation telling us what we can and cant do in our own country.  It is common knowledge that if our govenments give us what is OUR RIGHT to vote on this they know it will be rejected as we wish to keep our national idenity

• 2 weeks later...

Democracy is worth keeping. A dictatorship may work out for the short term but in the end it fails and getting change becomes incredibly difficult. Just look at the US, thanks to it being a democracy, Bush will be gone next January and some new person will get the office of president. In a dictatorship doing that would be so much harder to do.