Dr Who S4E05 The Poison Sky (part 2)

Antilles

[move]+++ ALERT - WARNING - THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD - IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE EPISODE PLEASE KEEP OBVIOUS SPOILERS HIDDEN BY USE OF THE SPOILER TAB - THANK YOU. ALERT ENDS! +++[/move]

:Antilles: This is the Official discussion thread for Episode 5 of the 2008 Doctor Who. 'Constructive' criticism is welcome.

[glow=white,2,300]This Episode will air at 6:20pm (GMT +1) [/glow]

Synopsis:

As the Sontarans begin to "choke the Earth" and UNIT has to deal with a treacherous agent, the planet prepares for a war footing. The Doctor tries to keep Donna and Martha alive.

Sorry, couldnt make it back in time to unlock! Never mind!

Quite a typical 2nd parter really, no great surprises, Martha seemed to take meeting her clone rather well I think, Id have been freaking out LOL.

Donna just had one silly moment but it was quite funny, "Back o' the neck!"

But THE funniest moment that had us reeling was when the Doctor had his gasmask on and asked

"Are you my mummy?"

Brilliant.

Now it was REALLY quick on screen, but did anyone else notice

Rose's face appear on the TARDIS monitor when Donna was in there on her own and in communication with the Sontaran ship? Is she trying to get through to the Doctor somehow?

Next weeks looks great though, "Hello, Daddy!"

mmm this was watchable but this season is starting to disappoint abit I guess once the time war story comes in to play then thing will get a whole lot better, this story was weak in my mind....but there was some good one liners (classic one from doctor dances season 1).

The first time i missed rose

but saw her the second time from the bbc

oh this is indeed exciting i enjoyed the ep

I agree with Antilles that gas mask joke was soooo funny

I enjoyed the Sontarans

they were a good bady

thought story could hv been better

but an ok ep overall

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Valiant (flying aircraft carrier thingy) a plot blunder? As I recall from the Master as Harold Saxon, he said he designed it - but then when the paradox machine was removed from the tardis, I thought everything that the Master had done was removed and never happened?

PS great episode, but I wonder if they'll write in loads of people on earth with nervous breakdowns - if I had to live through all the global catastrophes that have been visited on Earth of late, I'd be going barking mad also! (some say it's too late...!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Valiant (flying aircraft carrier thingy) a plot blunder? As I recall from the Master as Harold Saxon, he said he designed it - but then when the paradox machine was removed from the tardis, I thought everything that the Master had done was removed and never happened?

Time only reverted back to the moment that the paradox machine was activated. The Valiant was in existence well before that point.

I didn't like this episode as much as last weeks. That damn American kid was beyond annoying - far more so than Donna's ever been.

I also felt that the poison smoke was a bit...weak, in the end it didn't really do much. It was quite cool when the Valiant came down and started kicking ass, though. And of course - Billie Piper's split second appearence was quite cool.

The Sontarans really weren't the best villian. They are small! :p And they just don't seem threatening.

Now next weeks episode.....wow. O_O

The Sontarans really weren't the best villian. They are small! :p And they just don't seem threatening.

Yet you fear Queen Spock...

I think the problem with the Sontarans was - as the Doctor said - they were sneaking around and not being very warrior like... Also, their armour was pretty disappointing. You'd think that they'd have managed bullet proof if they can do interstellar travel.

Yet you fear Queen Spock...

You haven't met her! O_O

And yes, the problem was that they seemed all powerful in the beginning, but once you could fire at them, they fell like any human would.