best Mac Web Broswer

hayden

Whats the best web browser for mac in your opinion? Ive been using Firefox, but its somewhat limited in its proxy settings, and there are issues with streaming wmv and safari is a bit unstable ive found.

Should i be looking in another direction?

Firefox on the mac is not so good.

Use Safari. Or if you're looking for something slightly faster than Safari, try WebKit.

WebKit is a rendering engine. When you run it, it'll open Safari, but switch to the WebKit rendering engine. It's a bit faster than Safari and is updated practically nightly.

www.webkit.org

Proxy settings for Safari are located in the Networks Preference Panel

I was looking at the web-kit nightly builds last night and couldn't decide if it was wort it and how it worked. So it will run a different engine on the safari GUI i assume. Ill try that then, thanks!

Webkit simply is the development project that develops the next engine for, among others, Safari. You'll basically just be running a newer version. Maybe an overly simplified reasoning and not 100% correct usage of names and such, but it's what it comes down to.

I'm using WebKit now, it does seem a noticeable amount quicker than safari. more than anticipated. It also works fine with .wmv streaming which is good i suppose. Thanks for the help.