Five science fiction movies that get the science mostly right

Though I respectfully disagree with the credit they give to 'Iron man' for using 'so many real-world technologies', the 5 scifi movies they mention are indeed amongst those that have some pretty good scientific representations. I've seen all 5 of them and can recommend them all!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13864-five-science-fiction-movies-that-get-the-science-right.html?DCMP=ILC-hmts&nsref=news5_head_dn13864

Solaris is not for the 'superficial minds' btw, you need some good stamina to watch it and a good brain to grasp all the layers hidden beneath the surface.

Have anything special to say about these or other 'mostly scientifically correct films', this is the thread! :D

Although I've only seen 3 of these films, not a big fan of alien and I've never heard of the Jim Carey one, I can understand where the poster was coming from.. It was a really good post to read. He was honest to say why they made the list then then said they also did this stupid stuff, but they did the important things right.

Good find.  :P

• 4 weeks later...

Seen 2001, Alien and Gattaca. Liked the first two, no so much the 3rd one.

2001 is the most scientific and accurate in my opinion. There is no sound in space, and this is reflected in the movie.