I R O N M A N

hayden

I don't think a thread has been made about this film yet, but i would just like to let you guys know, i saw it.. And its amazing. Amazing enough for me to bold and italic it.

For those of you that have lived outside the loop that is the world, heres the trailer..

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

Robert Downy Jnr. was absolutely incredible and i doubt anyone else could have played that role half as good. Unlike you regular comic remake, all the typical, i don't like to use the word, but, 'Corny', jokes are gone and have been filled with the style and charisma of Downy Jnr.

This film is awesome full stop. Anyone that questions this really needs to see a doctor and anyone who hasn't seen it, should.. Very soon. :P

Let me know if you've seen it.

I didn't like it all that much. I have to admit I rarely ever like 'American Hero' movies. This one wasn't so bad in that aspect, though the thing that bothered me about it was the fact that they tried to make it realistic, they didn't make a superhero with 'biological' powers (aside from his super intelligence), but one with technological powers. However, when the average human falls from 1 mile(?) high down to Earth while strapped in an iron suit, they usually suffer fatal bodily damage. It was things like that, that I truely hated about it, that and the incredibly lame jokes, which would only make a 10 year old laugh. There was also a fair bit of 'convenient' stuff going on. But hey, that seems to be the sign of the time (of all times maybe, once you've seen enough content?). So, mostly the first hour or so of the movie was like a 1/10 score, while the latter part, with the real action would be a 8/10, combined total positively rounded would be a mere 5/10. So, not really worth paying $10 for unless you're a fan.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I do plan on it. :)

they didn't make a superhero with 'biological' powers (aside from his super intelligence), but one with technological powers.

I take it you never read the comic of Ironman? That's the way it was.

And I take it you don't like Batman either?

I think you misunderstand me, what I'm trying to say, is that when you create a 'realistic' hero, in the sense that he doesn't have any superhuman strength or anything, you shouldn't try to make use of it anyway. I don't have a problem with this technological power at all really. In fact, that's the part I find most appealing.

I haven't read any Ironman (or any other marvel) comics. They're simply not my style and they can't excite me. Maybe that's why these kinds of movies don't do it for me either. I'm not a big batman fan either btw. Nor of any other 'superhero'. Hence my conclusion: if you're not a fan, skip it. :)

I think the fact that they tried to make it realistic with no biological super powers was a high point. It wasn't ridiculous enough to be thinking of a cartoon remake, but maybe something that could be around in 50 years time. Not to such an advanced state, but still within grasp.

But it seems as if you've gone into the movies already doubting it because you were never a fan of comics or there cartoon spin offs??

I saw it (in fuzzy screen res but was good enough :p ) and compared to the new superman it was great and inspirational material for  20 mins of so (after I finished watching it, and  then I was day dreaming a lil, not a surprise after  another film presenting that another 'dream' of a normal cartoon man becoming a super hero in 3d and with CGI action.( I always compare every super hero movie to the 1970? spiderman climbing a building and this superheroes are indeed getting closer with each time to what the fans expect to see of their superheroes. Since Robocop moviez there has not been nothing alike until now with this one)

I would say this movie has to be taked more as a good 3d (game?) superhero remake to the big screen. I watched the end part twice (but yup, I have to admit I have been a fan of a few Marvel's chars for a long time)

I still remember when I was for 5yo maybe?? and used to watch the old cartoon TV series of IronMan,  Hulk, Captain America, and Thor.

Tetsuo is right about the exaggerated "luck" of this aparently not so tuff man for that type of evidently fatal accidents. (an MK 'Fatality' should be the right term to employ "MwaHhaHhaHhaHha"  :D)  That man certainly seemed  more like Wolverine when without his armor suite.

The jokes were silly but were just like the ones you find in a comic  because i don't think it was originally  intended to be  an Eddie Murphy's comedy  :p.... The 'smarter' dummy AI robot, and the corporate interface OS (the GUI behavior, elements and the skins*) presented for the computing equipment was very appealing for opensource ports to be realesed someday hopefuly...  (a little offtopic inquiry: Why the 'end-user' can use cyberdelia alike GUI oses like those of the movies or are they not compliant with FCC/POSIX for residential internet navigation capability limits??? or wut? grr).

But I'm relieved knowing at least no 'genius' was murdered after its revolutionary warfare invention by the government or the militia or any secret "Shield" agency this time :thinking:.

It's very hard to become a great hero among the casual normal "hero"  in this world, I find some marvel comics chars somehow "educative" for adult people  wanting inspiration for theirselves or to those who want to emulate in some way the strong points of  personality of their childhood models of good guys, and their values, because their weaknesses, their story and their own 'tragedies' of life  are also described.(despite of the horrible piles of comicbook fictional nonsenses)

For example when  I read any Dr. Strange comic I immediately know that if I want to cast a fictional spell from the comic book, they  shall never work :) unless of course you know how to "translate them" to "real world" equal or similar spells, in real mystic arts those who possess the powers of the "eye of diamond" may or become to posses someday the same or even greater powers than those of doctor strange's "eye of agamoto". Just remember no matter how absurd comic fiction ideas seem, they have come from somewhere or certain unknown realities where it is possible or could be possible the existence of something similar.

"With terrible powers comes also terrible responsabilities"

(Uncle Ben did never mention  that part, I'm learning it the hard way :( )

but thats a puny and futile opinion when comes to  occult master advise cause they recommend to not be wasting time reading comics instead of being practicing :P so I have a responsability of not be hiding this fact, so I'll better be going now, still remaining 85 days and am getting tired a bit of it ;) but I like even less what will happen if I don't.

So did i, it gives it a more realistic feel to it.. The audience can relate to it alot easier with modern events tied into the story line. Should see it if you get a chance.

I intend to.

There apparently is a strength-enhancing suit being developed in the US according to a website whose name I forgot. It's not Ironman by any means but it does enhance a man's strength at the expense of agility and time response to input. Such technology is still in the developmental stage and not nearly ready for operational use but there is the possibility that such technology can be used for some tasks like heavy lifting.

The linkages with the military-industrial complex make this movie much more realistic and even believable. Also makes the US military look even more high-tech than we've seen.

The linkages with the military-industrial complex make this movie much more realistic and even believable. Also makes the US military look even more high-tech than we've seen.

It's a ruse. ;D

Or maybe a double-bluff.

Yeah, ive seen a video on youtube, its a bit ugly but it does what it says.. I believe someone posted about it on the site...

HERE

I doubt they'll be fighting enemies with this anytime soon. It's a good idea for construction and heavy lifting projects but not for the kind of combat that it might have been designed for. That will have to wait for some time to come.

Until then we have the movie to enjoy.