European crap song contest......

Ulysses

Man I hate it when the bbc drop Dr Who in favour if the European song contest with its purely political voting and anti British .....just another classic example of why we should not be apart of this poorly thought out European superstate... up yours Europe!

LOL, relax Ulysses. :cyclops:

Was it Eurovision last night? So that's why there was no Dr. Who then... Hadn't noticed, don't watch that sort of stuff. :)

I believe btw, that 'the European superstate' (if you're referring to the EU) doesn't have much to do with the song contest, from what I remember from years ago, plenty of non-EU countries participate. One thing that might be interesting to discuss, would be if people from the same 'larger region' (ie. countries that border each other) might have a similar taste in songs?

Mind you, I'm just saying something out of the top of my head, since I'm not sure if such a thing is what you were referring to with 'political voting'. :)

Tets, for about the last ten years it has become more and more political and not voting on the quality of the songs/acts at all (well, a little). But Terry Wogan noticed it years ago when the ex-Soviet bloc countries all voted highly for each other, same for the Balkans, Greece and Turkey always give each other high or top marks, as do the Viking countries Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc, its pathetic.

If youve never seen it, watch next years and youll see what everyone means.

A newspaper critic summed it up today by saying even if they resurrected John Lennon & George Harrison and persuaded Ringo & Paul to get back together to sing 'Let It Be' UK would still get 'Nil Points'

I hope Terry really does pack it in after nearly 40 years, its not worth it anymore, lets leave the freaks in Europe to do it themselves or have the public vote, not regional TV celebs who probably have a gun to their heads off camera. :)

main snag of this contest is its all political voting and the fact that the UK's best song writers and singers are ineligible due to being professional singers/writers.  If we had our best competing we would take them to the cleaners, its very interesting that a high percentage of winners sing in english!