Viacom trys to sue Utube!

Ulysses

My having the ability to watch videos on youtube has directly resulted in me purchasing several dvds and cds over the course of the past few years. If corporations don't see the value in free advertisement then it's their loss. Everybody's, actually.

I would actually like to see someone attempt to take down google. It would be impossible, their bigger than microsoft.. Well, maybe more liked. ;D

Poor Mr. Utube... who would have thought that Viacom would have it in for a lowly Japanese grocery clerk?  I mean, he doesn't even -own- a computer!

/tongue in cheek.

Seriously, though... the most they can really do to YouTube is get a few videos taken down.  I seriously doubt Viacom will win this one unless the courts in the US are complete pawns.  A large chunk of the clips are probably so short they'd probably be protected under non-profit free use.  Besides, most YouTube clips are so ugly that only the desperate would use them as a substitute for the real thing. 

Even if they managed to get something to stick, it would probably only be some ruling that would have Google directly pass on information about the poster so that Viacom can hit the infringer directly. *sigh*

Privacy and anonymity?  Who needs that these days?  ::)

I hope youtube wins that case. They got rid of a lot of clips already so really what's the problem?

Viacom is simply trying to get rid of anything even remotely peer to peer, even if it is not downloading stuff!