Big Bang Theory: A Show about Nerds

Do you identify?  Are you a sci-fi nerd, a science nerd, or some combination thereof?

s2697823.jpg

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_bang_theory/

96325_D0723b.jpg

It's certainly not the worst sitcom on TV, and I find it easier to get into mediocre television now that TiVo makes it so easy to sample every new show out.

And the love interest Penny (played by Kelly Cuoco) is certainly equal to any of the spacely sprockets on Battlestar Galactica and the other current male-fantasy-indulging sci-fi programs.

kaleycuocomenshealthfeb08%5B1%5B1%5D.jpg

_wsb_201x269_nc17hz.jpg

1911236147_336109751e.jpg

I could have googled that much; but, thanks.  B)

It does seem to be similar idea to Big Bang Theory except that the nerds work with her instead of live across the hall from the girl and the Big Bang guys are scientists instead of tech support.

Reading that wiki page it says

A pilot for an American version of The IT Crowd was filmed by NBC before an audience on February 16, 2007. Jessica St. Clair played Jen, Joel McHale played Roy and Richard Ayoade reprised his role as Moss. The show was originally reported to have a midseason debut in 2007-08. However recent reports indicate that NBC may not move forward with the show.
so it might/might not get picked up as a U.S. series. Some do and don't get very far. The Office is doing well. Coupling did not.

It sounds like something I'd watch if it was shown around here. maybe BBCAmerica will pick it up one day.