Stargate Origins

subspatial

Oh my god! Prequel, AND young adult series, the two things giving me rashes!

Watching the trailer I was waiting for (young) Indiana Jones to show up!
I saw the original Stargate movie in the cinema back than, it reminds me of that, and that's nice, than its starting to remind me of "The Mummy" movies...

Edited by dBLOOD

• 1 year later...

Recently watched this. Recommendation: skip!

From the very first episode it's clear why this never went anywhere. The actors acting ability is pretty awful, the characters are awful and not believable, the story is half-assed and poorly executed, ... It looks like it's a made by a bunch of people who've never watched an actual movie or series and completely grew up on poor quality story lines from video games. Maybe made for pre-teens? The visual effects are of lower quality than the ones they were using 10 years earlier.

There is one redeeming quality though: you get to watch Connor Trinneer transform from engineer (Trip from Enterprise) to archeologist. I didn't know he was in it and I squirted liquid from my mouth when I first saw him, as I was taking a sip right at that moment. His performance is the best in the whole thing, even if it's not the greatest either.

The show is made from 10 episodes of 9 to 10 minutes each. They also made a movie, which is really just all the individual episodes combined into one.

I'm serious in my recommendation though. Completely skip it. It's a stain on an otherwise relatively ok sci fi universe.