Star Trek TNG movies.

rcazant

After the TNG series ended, there were some movies with the same enterprise crew made.

Did you think those movies did justice to the original series?

And which of those movies did you like best?

I for one, think those movies were awesome, and I like Nemesis best. (although I still cant believe they killed off Data)

My favorite would have to be First Contact. I have a huge movie poster of that one hanging up in my room! I think they did justice to the tv series, though the last couple just didn't work as well with me. I have them all though(purchased), and don't regret buying them for a second.

Personally my three favourite movies StarTrek movies are 6 - 7 - 8 (The Undiscovered Country - Generations - First Contact). My absolute favourite of these three is Generations. I really like the way the 'old' crew gets replaced by the 'new', the whole story is sort of appealing to me.

I do seem to be one of the few people that didn't like First Contact best though, most of my friends think it (First Contact) to be the best also.

I think First Contact was the most accesable. No one really needed to know the background of TNG to understand it, and the borg are essentially space-age zombies, and everyone loves zombies, right?

It was also the time when a load of apocalypse movies were lurking. This was probably the only one that was set after the apocalyse, which made a change.

It's my favourite Trek movie along with ST4, and I loved the opening/main theme for it.

Guest c4evap

First Contact and The Wrath of Kahn....my favorites and I think they were more like the series that spawned them then the others.

c4 B)

personally I would have to say 6-10, anything before undiscovered country I found to be well........long deep breath..........dull...........except the scene in ST the motion picture where the Klingon K'Tinga's (I hope they were K'Tinga's) fired at V'Ger with the aft tubes, very cool looking.

My rankings:

TNG MOVIES

First Contact

Generations

Nemesis

Inusrrection

TOS MOVIES

Wrath of Kahn

The Undiscovered Country

The Voyage Home

Search For Spock

The Final Frontier

The Motion Picture

Can't really compare the two... Completely different crews, in completely different times.

All of them are after season 7 of tng.... Although the first one "Generations" incorporates time travel, so it moves around a tad. Still after season 7 when they show the tng parts (most of the movie).

Chronologically, it goes as follows

Generations

First Contact

Insurrection

Nemesis

DS9 started midway through TNG, and when TNG ended Worf moved to DS9 (though he always came back to the Enterprise whenever the camera were about, the vain git). Voyager started part way through DS9.

The chronology is a bit odd. Insurrection happened after the dominion war finished - when DS9 ended, and Worf became a Klingon Ambassidor or something similar, so I have no idea why he came back to the Enterprise for the final 2 movies.

Voyager must have gotten home before Nemesis, because Janeway became an admiral/desk jockey.

You also have to take into account - the star trek games like Bridge Commander, Dominion Wars etc - they also help patch together the history of star trek.

If you take them seriously