I know what the next Trek series needs!

piepie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q (sometimes combined with his superiors in the Q continuum) represents the divine trickster archetype - apparently malevolent but (almost) always working for a benevolent goal, even if it's not directly apparent - almost always expanding the subject's horizons and instilling wisdom.

Q (sometimes combined with his superiors in the Q continuum) represents the divine trickster archetype - apparently malevolent but (almost) always working for a benevolent goal' date=' even if it's not directly apparent - almost always expanding the subject's horizons and instilling wisdom.[/quote']

The Norse God Loki.....

:thinking:

Q (sometimes combined with his superiors in the Q continuum) represents the divine trickster archetype - apparently malevolent but (almost) always working for a benevolent goal' date=' even if it's not directly apparent - almost always expanding the subject's horizons and instilling wisdom.[/quote']

The Norse God Loki.....

:thinking:

I'm pretty certain the North American Indians had a similar trickster god as well

Most polytheistic religions typically have their trickster in there somewhere ^^ *sigh*... That's why I dislike the monotheistic religions so much, I think. They take themselves WAY too seriously.

I think Mephisto was a bit more manevolant than a typical 'Loki' type being... but I haven't read Faust, so I really don't know. (added to my to-read list)

I haven't read it either. I'd imagine it would be one of the free books on guttenburg.com though. I think God, or whoever is the boss diety, intervenes in Faust when he repents what he's done - kinda like how Q fixes things when Picard backs down. That's what I mean by Q -and- his continuum in some episodes - in some he goes totally overboard and the continuum has to clear things up, but if you treat the continuum as the other aspect of Q's self, it fits in line with the Divine Trickster. Tapestry, Hide and Q, and All Good things are good examples of Q's "end out weighs the mean" benevolence. Tapestry is probably my favourite episode, actually.

how bout naked trek?

the possibilities are endless.

ensign chesty, you didnt tell me your species had boobs all over their bodies.

Well you can't do that the klingons would be pissed (there is a reason they are so aggresive), they are allready acting out like hell because of there relativly small "Organs". I'd stick with Borg-Chimps or something.

hey that gives me an idea, the borg come to earth to assimilate chimps... Ehh?? :p

how bout naked trek?

Well you can't do that the klingons would be pissed (there is a reason they are so aggresive), they are allready acting out like hell because of there relativly small "Organs". I'd stick with Borg-Chimps or something.

hey that gives me an idea, the borg come to earth to assimilate chimps... Ehh?? :p

No - Assimilate the Apes - Apes get smarter - take over the world - Planet of the Apes

how bout naked trek?

No - Assimilate the Apes - Apes get smarter - take over the world - Planet of the Apes

Thats a very scary thought. Maybe we should take pre-emptive action against them. ;) j.k