Dr Who ep 10 -part2(spoilers)

coolcat13

Ok it must be Friday and time to get the thread ready for some debate on what appears to be the best two parter of the year to date

Thing is that it only gets better from here too as we get the long awaited BoomTown followed by the arrival of BadWolf which will make or break the season imho

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it! The White and Black guardians will stumble in, look around in surprise, and get infected, wiping them out, and giving the Doctor and friends a chance to escape!

... seriously, my guess would be that Nancy will do something to or involving her brother, and it will disrupt or otherwise affect the masked guys long enough for the Doctor etc. to make their escape.

... or Nancy will get infected, and the Doctor etc. will go through the window behind them?

... or none of the above? There's a few options.

was any one else extremely dissapointed with the conclusion of this two parter .After a brilliant 1st part the only thing that was bombed more than London was this episode which frankly was terriable .

by far the seasons worst with just a 4 of 10 score

Last I checked... Doctor Who isn't a kid's show. No show for kids has the sheer bodycount that Doctor Who has, and I seriously hope they never 'clean it up', although some of the sexual references were a bit too gratuitous. A little bit is fine, though.

(heh... deaths are no problem, but sexual innuendo is? Does this sound weird to anyone else?)

I will agree that they slipped a tiny bit with this episode, but given how amazing the rest of the season has been I don't see a reason to complain. Even the best series has its lulls.

my problem was that the message was sent and the story lost .I could care less about the Drs sex life or Jacks or for that matter, that of Nancy or Rose.What was lopst here was the actual story which in last weeks ep had incrediable potential.

they have pounded the Rose/ Dr angle into the dirt and now they sit there and go out in left field with all the sexual references . as though we must be innondated with them .

No there was no excuse to wind up with a poor ep like this one . RTD straight up fumbled here .sure it is only one ep in an other wise terrific season but if this is foreshadowing future Dr Who eps then I may wind up bieng dissapointed .

there were other draw backs to this ep as well but hey different tastes for everyone I guess . just that this is a two parter that I will not recomend to many people who in the states here I have been trying to introduce to the new old series ...

I liked a lot of this one, especially the banter, however:

Far too much sexual reference.

They could have cut that back a bit. I'm starting to feel as if I am watching bad adult fan fiction here.

Was it really necessary to have dialogue describing the human race as trying to "dance" with all the species they meet?

I thought that was funny. But makes the humans seem sultish

Was it really encessary to have a heroine who had a child out of wedlock in the 30s?

I liked that. It seemed to me that Nancy was overly protective of her "brother" I figured it out just before the Doctor asked her about her age.

This is a kids' show' date=' isn't it? I'd love to watch this with my daughter, but I don't want to have to explain to a child under 6 why people are waking up with, sleeping with and "dancing" with strangers. I don't fancy having to explain why it was shameful to have a baby during the 30s, if unwed, and young.[/quote']

My boys watch it too, they are older 11 and 13. They didn't need explaination, but they were getting embarassed. The youngest was most disapointed in what caused the problems. He thought it wasn't good.

I really hope this isn't a trend. I liked the kiss in the movie, but don't show me the Doctor's bed room.

Heh... I still think it's funny that characters are getting killed off in virtually every episode and you're concerned about sexual innuendo... shows what society's priorities are ^^

Honestly, though, I do agree that they could have left it at that one dancing comment between the Doctor and Rose out near the crash site. Sexual innuendo without subtlety is definitely without class.

Heh... I still think it's funny that characters are getting killed off in virtually every episode and you're concerned about sexual innuendo... shows what society's priorities are ^^

You're right. Anyone stuck on this missed the biggest play on convention in the episode: "Please give me this one, just this once, NO ONCE DIES!!" It was a wonderful, absolute amazing moment in the new series... and one of the best Who moments ever... and you missed it!

I dunno if you realize, but this two part was written by Steven Moffat, the man who brought us both versions of "Coupling." The sexuality was quite subtile compared to that show. He also is deeply involved the Dr. Who lore... he was growing up when his dad was directing episodes of the classic series.

I thought it was a masterful story... though it might prevent the new Who from being broadcast in the United States. Not every country in the world has the blind hatred and fear of sex and homosexuality we have in the States... and it could be the one straw that keeps Who off the air in the U.S. :(

You're right. Anyone stuck on this missed the biggest play on convention in the episode: "Please give me this one, just this once, NO ONCE DIES!!" It was a wonderful, absolute amazing moment in the new series... and one of the best Who moments ever... and you missed it!

I loved that bit. But shouldn't that line scared Rose just a little.

Don't get me wrong I did like the episode. I just think one or two comments about sex is enough. I was getting tied of it.

I loved that bit. But shouldn't that line scared Rose just a little.

No.. here's why: she is more of a seasoned time traveler by now. She has had more adventures with the doctor than just the televised ones, so she knows the dangers of being with the Doctor throughly.

There have been gaps purposefully put in between stories so that new adventures can be put in between when the inevitable "9th" doctor (put in quotes because there is no way to determine what regeneration he really is yet) books come out. They did this in the classic series, too (Virgin had a great series of "lost adventure" books), but I don't think they did it on purpose. I'm pretty certain they are doing it on purpose here, though...

I am the last person that would be a homophobe.What I am saying is that all the sexual tension including between the Dr and Rose is a bit of a distraction.This ep was more along the lines of a soap opera than a Dr Who sci fi story.

They reallly had a chance to hit a homerun with this episode and in my opinion they came up short .It is not a judgement of morals just that all the inuendo was highly distractive from the story .

It really is a shame too because there was some interesting development on the BadWolf line namely the 2 years missing from Jacks memory (memory altercation has been mentioned by some as a possiable BadWolf plot)

The Doctor Dances

Perfect story line, marred only slightly by implying that everyone in war torn London had some sort of homosexual experience. C'mon, one bit of homosexuality wouldn't have hurt, truly, but you have to admit they went for overkill. Someone had a statement to make, and they made it.

Although I don't agree with homosexuality, I'm far from being a "homophobe", yet my thoughts for this episode... let a freakin' story be a story. Don't overshadow it with your agenda. It could have easily been the best who ever, with all the inuendo about "no one dies this time", etc., but Moffat turned this into a horribly butchered attempt at making his own "Gulliver's Travels", and the Doctor is cheapened by it.

I think it was a great episode. I especially liked the way they escaped at the start :p

"Go to your room!"

"God I'm glad that worked, that would've been terrible last words..." :D

I didn't really notice the sexual references and such, but maybe that's because I find it really hard to understand some of the english they're talking in the show :p I do think they overdid the dancing thing. The end was funny too.

Did you guys look at the UNIT and 'Who is Doctor Who' sites? They are talking about 'Slechter Wolf' bombs :D (That's German for Bad Wolf...)

I am the last person that would be a homophobe.What I am saying is that all the sexual tension including between the Dr and Rose is a bit of a distraction.This ep was more along the lines of a soap opera than a Dr Who sci fi story.

They reallly had a chance to hit a homerun with this episode and in my opinion they came up short .It is not a judgement of morals just that all the inuendo was highly distractive from the story .

It really is a shame too because there was some interesting development on the BadWolf line namely the 2 years missing from Jacks memory (memory altercation has been mentioned by some as a possiable BadWolf plot)

I agree. Some of the indueno did move the story along though. The conversation Nancy had with the father of that family, was very good. And of course her situation as well.

Jack is an interesting character, but I would like to see more of his personality. Of course this could be the way that Jack hides his true nature....

(try not to spell when you just woke up, gimme a coffee someone)