Wesley Crusher?

juhan

I'm just confused why everyone hates Wesley. I think Gene really wanted that character to grow into something huge by the final season. Unfortunately Wheaton had to be a d*ck (or were they really being stingy with his wages?) and he had to leave the series. I swear I saw a grown up him in Nemesis though. Also heard he was more involved in the movie but the directors cut him out of those scenes. But he would've created a hell of a story in the end.

Why does everyone hate a boy genius?

=Han=

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always like Wesley, one thing that I was truly disappointed in was the whole "Traveller" plot line. I really wanted to see that developed more.

He was one of the original blogging superstars' date=' too - got a book deal out of it. Good for Will![/quote']

what do you mean by "blogging superstar?"

google him or something. He's got a blog up that he writes himself! Kinda like having your own fan club organised by yourself. Its cool, if he was a super-star.

Yeah I know what you mean tinpusher. The traveller plot was obviously created to have a continuing storyline. Then again so was the alien race who nearly tookover Starfleet at the end of season 1. Something about the beacon is sent out, they'll be coming back. Then again I havent finished watching season 6 and 7 so maybe its in there. Ha :p. Or is the species (Some 4-digit number) from Voyager the bug race?

=Han=

I'd just like to see how much his head can turn...before his neck snaps.

With you on that one. If you did it slowly you could keep him alive for ages.

The boy is a soulless, boring twee little asslicker who couldn't possibly solve all the stuff he does, i mean you have the best crew in starfleet running the flagship and this teenager is going around showing everybody how to do their job...and they don't even mind? Per-lease.

Also, Wil Wheaton is a complete tosser as evidenced on The Weakest Link. He made a complete fool of himself, trying to chat up b'lanna torres with his cheesy lines was priceless especially when she gave him a telling off cos her husband was watching. Hur hur hur. Taxi for Crusher...

Guest c4evap
Also, Wil Wheaton is a complete tosser as evidenced on The Weakest Link. He made a complete fool of himself, trying to chat up b'lanna torres with his cheesy lines was priceless especially when she gave him a telling off cos her husband was watching. Hur hur hur. Taxi for Crusher...

Anyone got a copy of said Weakest Link EP? Would love to see it...

c4 :p

Why does everyone hate him? Because he was a whiner, always doing stupid stuff, upon which time he would look pitiful and let his superiors get him out of it...

Blah!

He was a boy entering teenage life for crying out loud. Thats what he was supposed to do as a teenage boy! My god were so many of you born as an elder, progressing into adulthood? Have you all forgotten what it was like to be a teenage kid (whiz or not).

Yeah i wish i could see that episode of Weakest Link too. Would be interesting no doubt.

=Han=

google him or something. He's got a blog up that he writes himself! Kinda like having your own fan club organised by yourself. Its cool, if he was a super-star.

Yeah I know what you mean tinpusher. The traveller plot was obviously created to have a continuing storyline. Then again so was the alien race who nearly tookover Starfleet at the end of season 1. Something about the beacon is sent out, they'll be coming back. Then again I havent finished watching season 6 and 7 so maybe its in there. Ha :p. Or is the species (Some 4-digit number) from Voyager the bug race?

=Han=

The only reason the Traveller episode was a good one, IMO, is that it had THE traveller dude. He was cool and had special powers. The writters just kinda put Wesley Crusher in there for some odd reason. Even then I thought maybe they will follow up on that story but they never did. The traveller did return in another episode but it was less than grand.

As far as the species that took over star fleet, I think it was called Conspiracy... I loved that and I think it would have been cool to have another one or two episdoe about it. But we never got more on that. It was kinda gross how those things went in through the mouth but the idea was kinda nice. I guess they found something better later on, The borg. It was not Species 847 from Voyager. They were big aliens that only survived in special inviornments. They did not take over others bodies as hosts. Well,, actualy they kind of did in that one voyager episode but that was becuase they were just training and studying humans. They thought humans were a threat.

Ok now some things about Wesley Crusher. I dont totaly hate him but I must say I did dislike him putting his nose in a big star Ships business. Like the episode where he uses his toy as a tracktor beam. Or ...forget it. too many episodes with him.

BUT the only one that I disliked more than Wesley is Worf's son when he came to enterprise. There not too many episodes about him but the few that were about him, I would be glad to not watch again. Maybe I am the only one but he seemed way too annoying.

And just to point out that I dont just dislike all teenagers or kids on star trek. I thought the teenagers on voyager (the ones rescued from Borg) were really cool, especialy that one guy that worked with Seven for a while. And that other little kid on voyager, Naomi Wildman was really cool.

Judd stole his starness from him! ~NOOOOOOO!

(heh, right... I don't have to SAY I'm kidding in that case, do I? The guy playing Wesley Crusher had little starness in the first place. I saw him on a B style sci-fi series (Outer Limits, I think), but afterwards? Nothing... but correct me if I'm wrong ^^)

Patat frituren in de pauze lijkt mij wel relaxed.

But about Wesley Crusher, I couldn't stand the boy, favorite to all senior staff. I'm glad they phased him out of TNG.

That young intelligent boy, everyone likes him, and he is always outsmarting people and smiling about it.

I did dislike the Time Travelere plot though,.

If it was not for wesley crusher, i would not be on this forum, because as a teenage girl being forced to watch star trek by my brother and seeing this gorgeous guy(will weaton) on there i was hooked. Even when he left i loved trek soooo much that i stayed with it through all the different series. ;)

Crusher... Take him or leave him...

I mean the only way that someone's that smart and solves all those problems is when they are a character in a TV series... No one's that much of a genius.

I voted Indifferent BTW. ;)

If it was not for wesley crusher' date=' i would not be on this forum, because as a teenage girl being forced to watch star trek by my brother and seeing this gorgeous guy(will weaton) on there i was hooked. Even when he left i loved trek soooo much that i stayed with it through all the different series. ;)[/quote']

I guess i didnt think about this aspect. Thanks for pointing it out. Maybe i wont dislike him being on star trek so much after all. :)