Canceling Star Trek: Enterprise makes Paramount...

Cool_Cat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A movie based on DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise should happen.

However at the end of DS9 and Voyager certain key things limit continuity.

I think they can stil pull something out of a hat. They did that for the TNG movie where most of the crew were promoted or elsewhere.

In the last episode of TNG, they did the same thing where Data was a professor in the future, Riker a captain, Worf in Klingon empire, etc..and they managed to get together for the show.

There is no reason they cant do that with Voyager or DS9. The only thing is that they cant do it DS9 and Voyager mixed because the characters are sooo different.

The best they can do is to bring one or two characters from DS9 and throw them in the Delta Quadrant at some other alternate Time point and somehow Change the Voyager normal Experience...

ok here is a movie plot that just came to me:

a couple of the crew like Jadzia/Odo or sisko are in the Defiant going through the worm hole but instead of going to the gamma quadrant, they end up the delta Quadrant.

They intersect with Voyager. The entities in the Worm hole tell Sisko that you were thrown there because of your destiny to save the galaxy from the ruthless species 8472. Meanwhile 8472 are plotting to take over the whole galaxy and its upto sisko's defiant and janway's voyager to save it.

They intersect with Voyager. The entities in the Worm hole tell Sisko that you were thrown there because of your destiny to save the galaxy from the ruthless species 8472. Meanwhile 8472 are plotting to take over the whole galaxy and its upto sisko's defiant and janway's voyager to save it.

Did you not see the 8472 arc episodes? By the end, Voyager single-handedly stops an invasion, and makes peace with the species. Why the hell would the defiant need to help? Voyager did fine without them!

Did you not see the 8472 arc episodes? By the end, Voyager single-handedly stops an invasion, and makes peace with the species. Why the hell would the defiant need to help? Voyager did fine without them!

I did see the 8472 arcs and in the end they dont really make a peace treaty. They just talk to some people who are simulating how to take over star fleet. The leader of the aliens who are simulating the whole thing just tell them that we will go back and tell our leaders what had really happenned. It didnt mean that the 'government' of species 8472 stopped their incursions from the fluidic space. Or they stopped trying to invade regular space.

I did see the 8472 arcs and in the end they dont really make a peace treaty. They just talk to some people who are simulating how to take over star fleet. The leader of the aliens who are simulating the whole thing just tell them that we will go back and tell our leaders what had really happenned. It didnt mean that the 'government' of species 8472 stopped their incursions from the fluidic space. Or they stopped trying to invade regular space.

There is no formal treaty, but it is quite obvious that the conflict is over, which is indicated by the fact that we never hear about them again.

There is no formal treaty, but it is quite obvious that the conflict is over, which is indicated by the fact that we never hear about them again.

Well this is all hypothetical anyway.

Another scenario would be that the Borg finaly manage to assimilate species 8472. Now the borg are back and they come after janeway starfleet like they never did before!! The empire of borg+assimilated 8472 Strikes back!

hmm......I have to admit that I only came to know of the fact that Paramount is behind Star Trek because all the fans' anger unleashed by cancelling Enterprise went towards them...so for me they became a******** after they cancelled the show

To be honest I think paramount would kill off star trek totally if they made a film based of Enterprise, not to mention it would be a huge gamble, if Enterprise couldnt be sucessful as a TV series it would be common sense NOT to make a film.

The xindi arc was about the only decent arc of the whole series,

To be honest I think paramount would kill off star trek totally if they made a film based of Enterprise, not to mention it would be a huge gamble, if Enterprise couldn't be successful as a TV series it would be common sense NOT to make a film.

The xindi arc was about the only decent arc of the whole series,

Here is what I think. Season 1, 2 and 3 sucked big time aside from a few off flow episodes such as carpenter street of Detroit or the one where they found a wild west human colony. This isn't a Quantum Leap show

Season 4 was great.

Don't get me wrong I didn't hate season 2, 3. It just didn't have what takes to be classified as "Star Trek" No diplomacy no nothing. If the xindi threat was like fluidic space species it would be better. Xindi should have appeared here and there. Not all the time. Attack on earth was far fetched. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning such an attack.

I think they tried to mix elements of TNG Voyager and DS9 which don't mix well. Nothing weird happened aside from three episodes (although the sub -pace virus was hardly how a traditional weird episode goes, it was just a set of flashbacks) as it used to in TOS. No wierdness such as a non humanoid alien doing something at all aside from ONE episode.

I think we had a season of or less good episodes. The start of the serries was f***ed up as well. It starts with suluban, a species we have never seen in the serries. Enterprise should have normaly left space dock. Although vulcans role was made fine.

One of the things I hated most about Voyager is that after about season 6, the borg no longer act as a collective conciousness made up of billions of minds, but just become mindless drones for the Queen's game of chess. We lose the symbolism the Borg have always entitled, no longer is the battle with them a case of Individuality (Humans) vs. mindless unity (Borg), but it's a case of Individuality vs. one lady with an infinite arsenal at her desposal... the metaphor breaks down, and I lose interest in the Borg at all. The "mindless unity" can be made to represent all sorts of modern day social situations, like Facism, etc.

The Borg seeking vengence? Puh-lease. Although it sounds like a cool story, it doesn't fit with our definition of the Borg. How about the Suliban show up again to wreak vengence, in the 24th century? I mean, we really have no idea if they become part of the Federation, it's never mentioned by Daniels or anything, so this would be possible in the ST universe.

I'm actually kind of confused, after the last ep of Voyager, are the Borg gone for good? I can't tell. It was a crap episode if you ask me.

To be honest I think paramount would kill off star trek totally if they made a film based of Enterprise' date=' not to mention it would be a huge gamble, if Enterprise couldnt be sucessful as a TV series it would be common sense NOT to make a film.[/quote']

How was Enterprise not successful? Their lowest rating was, what, 2.8 million veiwers? For UPN, that's par with their most popular shows! It's a bad rating for Star Trek in general, but not TV-wise.

One of the things I hated most about Voyager is that after about season 6, the borg no longer act as a collective conciousness made up of billions of minds, but just become mindless drones for the Queen's game of chess. We lose the symbolism the Borg have always entitled, no longer is the battle with them a case of Individuality (Humans) vs. mindless unity (Borg), but it's a case of Individuality vs. one lady with an infinite arsenal at her desposal... the metaphor breaks down, and I lose interest in the Borg at all. The "mindless unity" can be made to represent all sorts of modern day social situations, like Facism, etc.

The Borg seeking vengence? Puh-lease. Although it sounds like a cool story, it doesn't fit with our definition of the Borg. How about the Suliban show up again to wreak vengence, in the 24th century? I mean, we really have no idea if they become part of the Federation, it's never mentioned by Daniels or anything, so this would be possible in the ST universe.

I'm actually kind of confused, after the last ep of Voyager, are the Borg gone for good? I can't tell. It was a crap episode if you ask me.

To be honest I think paramount would kill off star trek totally if they made a film based of Enterprise' date=' not to mention it would be a huge gamble, if Enterprise couldnt be sucessful as a TV series it would be common sense NOT to make a film.[/quote']

How was Enterprise not successful? Their lowest rating was, what, 2.8 million veiwers? For UPN, that's par with their most popular shows! It's a bad rating for Star Trek in general, but not TV-wise.

Interesting observation. I also thought that they kinda messed up the whole Borg thing but I also kinda gave them the benefit of the doubt because they went so much in dept with the borg that I cant see them doing it another way.

When the borg were first introduced, thats when we knew the 'ideal borg'. As a square ship with millions of voices in one. But even in TNG, they had to somehow individualize it so that they could give it more substance to work with by bringing picard and the borg speaking through Picard. That was the first step. Then Voyager and the movie First Contact where the queen shows up.

I think it is possible to make something even better and greater but I think it would take some greatt writers alot of time to do that. These people who do Voyager/DS9/etc are comming up with an episode every week. If you watch some of the extras, you will see how they would get the script, the characters are trying to learn the script a few days before it happens, there are guys trying to do Drawings, there are guys who are trying to do the CGI graphics..and all that they have to complete in less than a week.

Me too. They mentioned something along the lines of how there were only a few hubs like that in the whole Galaxy---(I didnt know how they knew that). And They didnt really explain if all those hubs were by the borg or other species.

Of course destroying the Hub doesnt really end the Borg sine they stil had millions of ships scattered around in delta quadrant and possibly other quadrants since they had such easy access to all of them.

The thing that reallys pooked me was that you see how easily they openned a gate so close to Earth... And the Borg had millions of ships. If they wished, they could have sent a few hundred cubes and spheres and crush star fleet and assimilate starfleet nstead of toying around with voyager.

Also in TNG they make a big point about how the original Borg cube was brought in Contact with humans by Q when Q flung Enterprise across. But then according to the last episode of Voyager, The borg had access to all 4 quadrants so easily. They couldnt have built that Hub in just a few years since TNG and Voyager only differe by a few years.

It is bad when you compare it with say Dr Who, which draws in viewing figures of around 5 - 7 million. bearing in mind the population of the UK is between 50 and 60 million which makes it impressive.

my apologises for the double post' date=' i forgot to mention if it was sucessful then why did it get cancelled???????[/quote']

I dont think it was successfull pulling 2-3 million viewers while paying huge salaries to a super model, the captain and everyone else. In addition to salaries, their budget to produce a CGI/makeup/constume etc show ran way over. At least if you compare it to a reality show where u can just get people off the street for little to nothing pay. Most people would want to be on that show for free. And there is no set, constumes or anything. So you make a show for a few thousand dollars and you stil get more than 2 million viewers.

The problem was that they never captivated their audience like TNG, DS9 or voyager. They never made the characters knowable enough so people could identify with them. And in return they got constant bleeding of viewers season after season.