Daleks Vs the BORG

taq22

Hmmm... on another point, the Borg would have to keep replacing drones as they die of old age. As far as I can tell, Daleks don't die of old age...

Edit: If the consequences of that aren't obvious, how about this... the Daleks could gather a bunch of tacticians, send them out of space and time, and effectively give them an infininte amount of planning time...

Edit 2: ... without playing around with time and thus avoiding the consequences, the Daleks could come up with perfect plans AND generate as many troops as they wanted in no time at all... the only time needed would be to gather the raw materials.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about altering the timeline, in both DR WHO and STAR TREK is that it is a very risky thing, and the outcome cannot be determined. Both series have made the point that changing an event can (and usually will) have unforseen repurcussions, with a possiblity of winding up in a much worse situation than existed before.

I suspect that neither the Daleks nor the Borg would want to start down that path reckelessly.

It's just weird how if they have the power to destroy speicies in there infancy - the borg could have gone back in time to assimilate speicies 8472....

It's just weird how if they have the power to destroy speicies in there infancy - the borg could have gone back in time to assimilate speicies 8472....

8472 is an exception, given that it isn't a race resident in the normal universe, and probably would never have been assimilatible.

Edit: Also, elimination of budding races is NOT something the Borg would do... it would mean losing possible races to assimilate.

8472 is an exception, given that it isn't a race resident in the normal universe.

But 8472 did enter normal space - the borg could have gone back to when they opened the first rift and stopped it from happening - but it's not just this - it seems many of the evil forces at work don't use the power they have - and so now the Borg are gone (though wheather they return is still possible) and the Daleks....well they probebly will be defeated by the Doctor this Saturday

Heh... and he's the only one that seems to defeat them (other than the Movellans... once.)

Which we never actually saw. I wouldn't be surprised if the Daleks made the Movellans so that the Daleks didn't look so bad in front of the Doctor

I'm not a DR who fan infact i think its quite gayv but aren't Daleks a humanioed species called Kaleds that have been mutated? It looks like it is going to be easier for the borg to destory. A borg cube is massive with a huge firepower. From what i have seen Daleks fire some kinda laser in in there rods. Thats easy for the borg to adapt to.

Btw the use of Time travel. From what i have heard the time travel in Dr Who is unrealistic.

Say they met a species that was stronger then them. They go back in time and kill them while they are in there infancy. But since they killed the species they wouldn't meet them in the future meaning they wouldn't go back in time to destroy them.

See the loop?

I'm not a DR who fan infact i think its quite gayv but aren't Daleks a humanioed species called Kaleds that have been mutated? It looks like it is going to be easier for the borg to destory. A borg cube is massive with a huge firepower. From what i have seen Daleks fire some kinda laser in in there rods. Thats easy for the borg to adapt to.

Btw the use of Time travel. From what i have heard the time travel in Dr Who is unrealistic.

Say they met a species that was stronger then them. They go back in time and kill them while they are in there infancy. But since they killed the species they wouldn't meet them in the future meaning they wouldn't go back in time to destroy them.

See the loop?

The Species that had the Time Traveling capabilities would be protected from the changes in the time line (somehow - maybe through temporal sheilds or somthing) so they would not be affected by the 'loop'

Also - i agree with the Borg Cube being stronger - i said before that a borg cube would easily be able to destroy a Dalek vessel - Borg Cubes are much larger - Stronger (as i said before 1 cube was able to cripple federation fleet) and The Dalek ships would be no match for 1 cube. The Weakness would be that Daleks V Borg drones would probebly mean a victory for the Daleks - I think Daleks are much better than Borg Drones....but we will never actually know

Also - i agree with the Borg Cube being stronger - i said before that a borg cube would easily be able to destroy a Dalek vessel - Borg Cubes are much larger - Stronger (as i said before 1 cube was able to cripple federation fleet) and The Dalek ships would be no match for 1 cube. The Weakness would be that Daleks V Borg drones would probebly mean a victory for the Daleks - I think Daleks are much better than Borg Drones....but we will never actually know

Yeah but the borg's policy is destroy what can not be assimilated. They would adapt tactics and only engage the delaks in ships until they adapted a way to assimilate them with drones.

well you also have the choice to pick at what point are you polling the daleks and borg from?

first the kill thing: the borg have also adopted the Kill weaker beings. durring the Lore encounter. they also "scan" for weakness.

Both have time travel.

Daleks can fly seen more then once btw

Daleks have TAKEN OVER before many times.

besides "the Q" etc never said the borg would one day be the biggest threat to life.

daleks have cloned the doctor before also brainwashed humans.

daleks have a hard shell that one one not even time lords know how to disable... aka no "sleep sugestion" or "this is where the communication device is... if you twist that they lose power... that motor controll".

plus much much more...

the Daleks would so win their personal weapon is def not a laser ( a laser would burn a hole thru a person not make them glow and all their bones show up green) + they would spend their time observing the borg and all the borg weaknesses

"hello federation you are a gold mine of information on how to beat the borg and stop them from assimlating our poor race" "what your going to just give us all the info youve got on the borg Why thankyou and goodbye" ps I mean goodbye as in once we finish with the borg were commin for you

"hello federation you are a gold mine of information on how to beat the borg and stop them from assimlating our poor race" "what your going to just give us all the info youve got on the borg Why thankyou and goodbye" ps I mean goodbye as in once we finish with the borg were commin for you

dalek's vs the federation is another matter altogether, lol i think it'd be hard to say who'd win as the federation has plenty of abilities that it could wield if the need be...time travel, the ability to destroy a star, and im sure plenty of others, plus they have their Q friends.

Borg want to have friends called Geordie.

Borg want to wear nice catsuits and have long blonde hair

Borg want to suck up to janeway and have feelings for people like hairy quim

Borg want to be 14 yrold boys wank-things

Daleks need to survive

Daleks can only survive by being the only lifefrom.

Borg (along with most trek villans) take contrl of a planet by firing a couple of particle weapons down on one or two spots one afternoon.....after all you have to hit the small village where the entire society of the plant is located to make it easy for SF to beam down and have adventures. Boom boom...is it time for tea?

Daleks, while they still live in the stupid TV whole-planet-is-one-tiny-settlemnt universe, they've at ;east figured out the whole planetary assault thing......it takes decades, using asteroids and bioweapons and the like. Well it does if they NEED the planet, otherwise they do something much less gentle.

The Borg are a collective genius, each dalek is that in it's own right, AND they can think as individuals or a gestalt of varying size as and when appropriate.

I DO however approve that you trekkers (one myself until I seen one too mant scenes with kes and neelix), are in your heads pitting individual daleks against entire borg motherships, that's about right to my mind.

I wonder how many seconds it would have taken the Daleks to land, wipe every living thing out of Montana and turn old Zeff's rocket into a big metal puddle.

This is where the whole X Vs Y debate falls down, the two Universes are quite different. But if you mess with the current Doctor Who timeline, you get the Reapers showing up to slap your wrist...or rather eliminate every last living thing on the planet to set the timeline straight.

In Trek you get other time agents.

Heh... and he's the only one that seems to defeat them (other than the Movellans... once.)

Which we never actually saw. I wouldn't be surprised if the Daleks made the Movellans so that the Daleks didn't look so bad in front of the Doctor

Not everything in the setting is on screen, y'know... it's the same in Star Trek, and there is a lot more 'in the background' in Doctor Who, given it spans time and space...

Therefore violating the temporal accords =P

"I'm sorry, Daleks, you have violated the..."

"EXTERMINATE! *ZAP*... NEXT TARGET!"

Edit: Heh... Dalek guns are very flexible... they seem to be able to emit laser blasts, 'see the skeleton' eradication beams, electrical pulses, etc, and if necessary projectile weapons can be attached...