Gul Dukat

martog

I'llwrite a new on there is a lot to say...

Kiera, was like this everytime she was too pasionate for her cause, and a guy giving the bajoran workers(they were workers cause they got paid..) more liberties was a dangerous amn cause he was underminding their resistance, who would want to resist if they had it good??

Even when they had won she was too involved in bajoran "rights", and that no one else had any. the bajorans are just as bad as the cardasions except they lack class.

Dukats took over more of a slave camp than a work camp, so he tried to make it more like the later, and he paid the price. If a criminal kills 300 people in cardasia he is punished by a death penalty himself. Since the bajorans resistance didn't didn't come forward to say "i did it", he killed an equal amount of civillians. That is a tactic used throughout history in our world as well. The resistance does as much harm to bajorans as they do cardasians. Yet they were right in doing all that they did..

Bullshit

And yes he was justified in doing what he did, he had tryed being nice to the bajorans, and kept being nice to them, but they screwed him.

And he didn't give up his posistion cause he wanted to help the people. But you can't help people that are scared of recieving help not cause they feel it's wrong but because the resistance would kill them. Kiera actually goes back in time and almost kills her mother because of that attitude. That is crazy, Gul Dukat removed people in bajor that were responsable for as many bajoran deaths as cardasian.

He didn't understand why people that he was trying to help kept trying to kill him. that after he tried like hell to help people in bajor he was seen as the greatest tyrant in the sector. Well if a child is beating up the teachers and classmates he goes to detention...

Same logic applies here, I hate the bajorans they are so rightoues but are nothing but petty terrorists!!

dukat didnt care about bajorans. it was simply part of his image. he was not a nice man. end of story.

i think there is value for him in convincing himself that he is a caring patriarchal figure because it suits his image. a lot of people died to make him look compassionate.

also your argument is based on the fact that the bejorans should simply accept cardassian occupation of their planet and wait for them to leave.

the thing is dude, the establishment call them terrorists, to them it is a war.

it sounds like you buy into the propaganda ;)

well i see things like this:

Bajor does not deserve their freedom and Gul dukat wasn't evil. I would probably do a lot of the same things he did if iwere in his place and i do not consider my self evil.

It is matter of POV and mine says bajorans have allways been slaves(wormhole aliens..) And yes i belive that if they wanted to liberate themselves they should have considerd the results of their efforts, a lot of people died(innocent people) because of the resistance.

Part of his image? why would he care about his projected image towards the slaves if he didn't care?? He was insane the last two seasons and the fact that he in the end wanted to destroy bajor is because he felt he gave away his entire carrer and life because of that stupid planet, His cardasian famely, his daughter zeyal . Even his beloved mistress kiera's mother died.

I belive he did care, his love blinded him...

No Way dude.

if dukat cared about bejor he wouldnt be abusing the planet and its people.

if he cared he would order the withdrawl of cardassian forces.

if your country was invaded by the cardassians lead by dukat who proceeded to steal your mineral resources and precious works of art would you open the door and say thank you afterwards?

say my name...

well i see things like this:

Bajor does not deserve their freedom and Gul dukat wasn't evil. I would probably do a lot of the same things he did if iwere in his place and i do not consider my self evil.

It is matter of POV and mine says bajorans have allways been slaves(wormhole aliens..) And yes i belive that if they wanted to liberate themselves they should have considerd the results of their efforts, a lot of people died(innocent people) because of the resistance.

Part of his image? why would he care about his projected image towards the slaves if he didn't care?? He was insane the last two seasons and the fact that he in the end wanted to destroy bajor is because he felt he gave away his entire carrer and life because of that stupid planet, His cardasian famely, his daughter zeyal . Even his beloved mistress kiera's mother died.

I belive he did care, his love blinded him...

The only thing he cared about with the bajorans is which one he could get in bed with him abusing his power. Did you actually see him carring about male bajorans NO. well not that I can remember.

And yes he was evil in many ways, he seeked power and was willing to send the whole quadrant in war to obtain this with the alliance with the founders. When he left cardassia and formed his own cult and made the women preganant on the sister station to DS9 he tried twisting how this baby was made, then tried killing the mother in the air lock. When he was put under presure with the other people he tried getting them to commit suicide.

Then there was the killing of the ki's assistant when he discovers he wasnt who he said he was.

I think he lost the plot when his daughter was killed by dumar, which was the beginning of the end for him, in many ways he could be compared with hitler.

domar (excuse the bad spelling) was like him but then he seen the wrongs of what his people where doing and the fact that dukat had lead them into being pawns of the dominon which is something you have to admire as he seen that it was wrong and tired doing something about it.

In all i did like the cardassians in DS9, miltristic like the klingons but also able to see the wrongs of the actions.

One thing everyone has to keep in mind is that his character evolved over 7 years time. HE is not a real person that lived his own life.

He was written and scripted for each episode so that it may fit the episode, especialy in the first few seasons. I dont think they imagined that they would be doing 7 seasons.

Also because we watched him evolve epiode after episode, he grew on us... just like the relationship of a hostage taker with the hostages. We saw him as a commander of the station, then as the leader of cardassia and then we saw his other face of how he was with Kiera's mother as a husband, then as a father to Zeial.

Now that I think about it, his character was so much more interesting than Sisko who was supposed to be the star of the show.

One thing everyone has to keep in mind is that his character evolved over 7 years time. HE is not a real person that lived his own life.

He was written and scripted for each episode so that it may fit the episode, especialy in the first few seasons. I dont think they imagined that they would be doing 7 seasons.

Also because we watched him evolve epiode after episode, he grew on us... just like the relationship of a hostage taker with the hostages. We saw him as a commander of the station, then as the leader of cardassia and then we saw his other face of how he was with Kiera's mother as a husband, then as a father to Zeial.

Now that I think about it, his character was so much more interesting than Sisko who was supposed to be the star of the show.

yeah but bad guys are always intresting regardless if its sci fi, thrillers, war films etc etc