Star Trek XI (possible spoilers)

xyon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, how about this:

26th Century:

a motley crew of known and unknown starfleet personnel from the last surviving starship (big war with someone destroys the federation) go back in time to Earth circa 2010 to recruit the younger versions of themselves who were once plucked from 2010 Earth to stop both the 2010 war, and find some way to end the 26th Century war. I like the idea of the crew being rather like those in the (i believe it was DS9) episode where a training crew get stuck behind enemy lines during the dominion war.

A bit far-fetched perhaps, but it would explain a lot.

Also, i think if they made a straight-up 2010 'astronauts go to mars' or whatever film, the design team would still manage to make the tech look and feel more advanced than that of 300 years later. (Which in my opinion was the major problem with Enterprise).

I always thought it would be interesting to see one of the enemy home-worlds (Klingon, Romulan) during their equivalent of our 20th century (with cars, planes, early space flights etc.). The technological growth of these planets would have probably followed a similar path to our own. What was the day of Klingon "first contact" like, for example?

What was the day of Klingon "first contact" like' date=' for example?[/quote']

I think it was like our first contact in the mirror universe - only with bumpier heads. :p

Interesting idea though.

They could start a saga of films - They could make it similar to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - one starship has to find clues to a much bigger puzzle that threatens to take over the galaxy. This lone starship has to travel deep into the Gama or Delta quadrents (or somthing crazy like another galaxy) Traveling to all sorts of planets and meeting all kinds of new things. So it would be more like an Adventure rather than a war or whatever.....only thoughts.

I can't see the picture you attached - this happens with quite a lot of posts that have attachments - I can't see them - do i need somthing to view them?

Nope, my fault.

I deleted the post above yours and reinserted it with the proper picture

I think a DS9 movie is very much needed. Set after the dominion war' date=' before voyagers return. Tie up all loose ends such as the return of the sisko and what the hell a breen looks like under the mask.[/quote']

I think DS9 is my favorite trek series and would also like to see a movie version. Those little Breen buggers annoyed the crap out of me. I would like to see one shot and de-masked.

I think a DS9 movie is very much needed. Set after the dominion war' date=' before voyagers return. Tie up all loose ends such as the return of the sisko and what the hell a breen looks like under the mask.[/quote']

I think DS9 is my favorite trek series and would also like to see a movie version. Those little Breen buggers annoyed the crap out of me. I would like to see one shot and de-masked.

It could be a DS9 and Voyager film - tie up the loose ends of both DS9 and Voyager so we find out if Sisko returns and how Voyagers crew coped with returning home.

A set of saga films could be good, the Invasion or Double Helix set of books are popular and they span through most of Trek so you could get one with everyone involved, as well as create a new cast for a spinoff tv show.

Or they could make the Q Continum books as films and just place them before Nemesis in the timeline.

I wish they would do a DS9 movie, or Voyager, i dont know about you, but i am getting sick of Patrick Stewart's Face. Whatever they do please please please do'nt make it set in the Enterprise era we Star Trek fans have suffered enough shame the last few years...

I wish they would do a DS9 movie' date=' or Voyager, i dont know about you, but i am getting sick of Patrick Stewart's Face. Whatever they do please please please do'nt make it set in the Enterprise era we Star Trek fans have suffered enough shame the last few years...[/quote']

Whatever happened to the DS9 Movie Petition - they had loads of signatures but what are they doing with it now.

Sticking with the saga thing,

1) A Voyager / DS9 film set between Voyagers return & Nemesis where we tie up all those loose ends and discover some great threat to the galaxy. Right at the end you see Janeway talking to Picard, sending him off to Romulus.

2) A TNG film set after Nemesis which continues this great threat thread whilst also doing a bit about getting used to some new officers, while also doing a 'search for Data' affair.

3) Finally, something set quite a bit later with a whole new ship and crew where the great threat is finally realised and stopped mainly by the new lot, but with help from (basically) all the other generations ... which sets you up for a new tv spinoff with your great new crew who've already saved the galaxy.

That way, everyone gets something - a DS9/Voyager film, the 'search for Data', something new and a chance to tie up loose ends and explore space, battles and the relationships of the crew: ie new officers in place of the old ones, families splitting up, etc.

The TNG film could have Riker save the day while the first could have cameo's from TOS crew.

Of course, this wouldn't get the blockbuster ratings that Paramount seem to think a Star Trek movie should bring in, so it might be better as a set of tv movies - one every 2 or so years which would eventually lead you into a whole new Trek.

PS, I might have put too much thought into this

Sticking with the saga thing,

1) A Voyager / DS9 film set between Voyagers return & Nemesis where we tie up all those loose ends and discover some great threat to the galaxy. Right at the end you see Janeway talking to Picard, sending him off to Romulus.

2) A TNG film set after Nemesis which continues this great threat thread whilst also doing a bit about getting used to some new officers, while also doing a 'search for Data' affair.

3) Finally, something set quite a bit later with a whole new ship and crew where the great threat is finally realised and stopped mainly by the new lot, but with help from (basically) all the other generations ... which sets you up for a new tv spinoff with your great new crew who've already saved the galaxy.

That way, everyone gets something - a DS9/Voyager film, the 'search for Data', something new and a chance to tie up loose ends and explore space, battles and the relationships of the crew: ie new officers in place of the old ones, families splitting up, etc.

The TNG film could have Riker save the day while the first could have cameo's from TOS crew.

Of course, this wouldn't get the blockbuster ratings that Paramount seem to think a Star Trek movie should bring in, so it might be better as a set of tv movies - one every 2 or so years which would eventually lead you into a whole new Trek.

PS, I might have put too much thought into this

"Might"?

I for one like the whole 'Search for Data" idea. Obviouslly being a 'spoof' title for "Search for Spock" but still, the question of Data is largely unawnsered.

I like the idea of TV movies. I know they can sometimes be cheesy, but they're a good way of getting more stories made without having to worry about box office hits.

Maybe if they did get a new crew, one of them could be some hot-shot mechanic and work on B4 so he becomes more like Data. Or something.

A series of movies would be cool. Like a trilogy...