Star Trek XI (possible spoilers)

xyon

We've all heard the rumors that the next movie would be set before 'all other trek', but it could be as early as five years in the future according to TrekWeb.

Personally, my heart sank when I first found out that Enterprise was set before TOS and this is just worse news.

But what does everyone else think? Seeing as how theres a leadup to this (Eugenics & third world wars) which was in the future when they drummed it up; a time which we've now lived through, are they making a mistake?

Comments welcome.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - I would prefer if it were set after 'all other trek'.

I wouldn't want to much to change compared to Voyager or DS9 (Not to many new ideas they thought they would throw in).

Maybe there could be a war between the Federation and some new species or somthing like that.

It would also be nice if they could include somthing about how the Voyager crew are getting on back on earth.....

A movie set the appropriate number of years after Voyager's return featuring members of "Voyager", DS9, and even TNG (as available) would be cool--Archer had issues withthe temporal agents from the far future--why can't those same agents interfere with Janeway, Picard and even the etheral Sisko?

Y'all don't read much on the web, eh. Look around here for the thread where we put in the links, you'll find you can guess a bit better. Turns out Brent Spiner can't keep his mouth shut to the UK press, he has eluded that Data is making some kind of return and will be an integral part in the future movie.

Y'all don't read much on the web' date=' eh. Look around here for the thread where we put in the links, you'll find you can guess a bit better. Turns out Brent Spiner can't keep his mouth shut to the UK press, he has eluded that Data is making some kind of return and will be an integral part in the future movie.[/quote']

Yes but whether we beleive that is a different story - he could be trying to throw us off.

It sounds like they're planning to do something with lots of previous cast members, but it's too close to reality. Especially since it'll take a few years to make, infact, it will be lucky to be out before 2010.

I'm curious about the people who voted that they want the film in 2010 - is this because you geninely believe it will be a good film and good trek, or do you just want Star Trek given to you by the people who make it?

It won't make any damned sense to make a trek set in 2010. Unless they're planning on making a movie about the first manned mission to Mars, or humans returning to the moon or something. Even then, ohhhh that'll be exciting, seeing people crampped in a space shuttle for like 9 months, and walking around in space suits on Mars, using microwave beam weapons, or assalult rifle weapons against.... rocks? Hostile aliens?

Canon established that the first lightspeed flight, and first contact happened the same day for humanity. Soooo, unless they plan on saying "no no, they had warp drive in 2010, and humans wer at war with the " it's gonna be a really really dull movie about astronauts.

They can't seriouly make Star Trek 11 take place only 5 years in the future' date=' can they? What the F*** is wrong with these guys? I am super pissed at the whole lot of them![/quote']

Well it's only a rumer right now so lets not go crazy about it ;)

Does it really matter who is in it or when it takes place as long as it is Trek. I for one will watch it.
Oh' date=' I think Enterprise has pretty well shown that it matters a great deal.[/quote']

Nooo! Don't say so man! I really liked Enterprise a lot!.But i don't think this new idea of paramount will work either. Let's see 5 years from now and my country will ( maybe) send a man to space. wow what a great movie that'll be! ;)

i like the idea of branching out a bit.

there is a whole galaxy full of people and places, even governments to explore.

a klingon thread running through a series could be interesting. the politicsinvolving worf was brilliant from start to finish. i dont think a series based around that would be too bad. the only thing is is now that martok is leader of the klingon high council it would be a little dull.

but hey there is still romulus and everything else.

and hey why not have 26th century seasons?

technology would have advanced sufficiently to provide more interestin enemies.

the federation had time travel capsules by the 26th so why wouldnt others. could be some grrrreat story lines in that

I think the new movie should be 5 years into the future...in real life. Let the franchise rest.

Drip feed us some tv movies in the meantime tho. Can't just go cold turkey.

Wait... I was thinking that we were talking about having it SET 5 years from now. Not filming it 5 years from now?

How does that let the franchise rest? Unless I am really confused...

I think the new movie should be 5 years into the future...in real life. Let the franchise rest.

Drip feed us some tv movies in the meantime tho. Can't just go cold turkey.

Wait... I was thinking that we were talking about having it SET 5 years from now. Not filming it 5 years from now?

How does that let the franchise rest? Unless I am really confused...

Sorry. Me poor england ability.

Yeah, people are saying the film be set in 5 years time. I was trying to suggest that they should be waiting 5 years to make any more ST instead.