Is Helo really a Cylon?

burybuffynow

Hey,

Don't you think it's a bit odd that Starbuck shouts, "She's a Cylon!" and tries to kill Boomer2, but accepts Helo as her old buddy without question?

Helo has been running around on this planet with Boomer2 for months now (his speech in Scattered). Months. How is that possible when Starbuck is taking anti-radiation drugs every few hours while on the planet?

And Helo shows up with a known Cylon (Boomer2) when he finds Starbuck. That "guilt by association" would surface for any normal person.

Just find it kind of odd.

I guess he could be... but the difference is that Helo volunteered to stay on Caprica so Baltar, Boomer and some innocent civilians could make it back to the colony ships. Starbuck knew the Boomer on Caprica must be a Cylon because there's also a Boomer on Galactica. There's no Helo1 on Galactica.

About the anti-radiation meds; Starbuck probably brought some with her. Helo had found some on the planet early in S1 and was taking his too... though I guess we haven't seem him inject himself for a while.

Hope that clears things up for ya.

My issue is that the cylons seem to be experimenting with Helo, and Boomer2 is fully aware she is a cylon. I don't really see a good reason for this as far as story goes, so if it turned out to be the case, I would be pretty annoyed. The closest thing I could think of for a reason is that they wanted to see how a cylon would react if he didn't know he was a cylon, but they already had other people for that such as boomer1 at the time.

When Helo gave up his place for Baltar in the mini series he took the Raptor's Medkit, so he got anti-radiation meds from there.

We are assuming that Starbuck hasn't had the 'Helo could be a cylon' thought. Maybe she has but doesn't know how to deal with thought.

My issue is that the cylons seem to be experimenting with Helo' date=' and Boomer2 is fully aware she is a cylon. I don't really see a good reason for this as far as story goes, so if it turned out to be the case, I would be pretty annoyed.[/quote']

Seems perfectly fine for me, they were simply finding out if they could pass off a Cylon infiltrator as a Human, and it seemed to work pretty damn well. And who knows what they had in store for Helo if Boomer2 wouldn't of stepped in.

I think this was just a bad piece of writing. To add to the grumbles ...why couldn't Starbuck initially think that Sharon2 was the real Sharon and the one on the ship wasn't?

I say let it slide. I think the show was just sidestepping these thoughts to just carry on with the story a little faster. So I'd definitely take everything at face value here. One little flaw in an awesome and well put together show.

why couldn't Starbuck initially think that Sharon2 was the real Sharon and the one on the ship wasn't?

That would actually be the wilder thought, because thus far we've not seen a cylon be a duplicate of a real human.

I thought that it was half-accepted that the human-looking cylons are based on actual people.

i'm almost positive they are not based on actual people. We have not seen one actual person that looks like one of the cylons yet.

Right now I think its safe to say we don't know. I think Adama is considering the possibility that real people might get snatched and duplicated, especially while investigating Mrs. Tigh. But thus far we haven't seen it happen, so the jury is still out.

And even if they do duplicate folks, I don't think the Cylons would just leave the original person walking around however. So again it would be illogical for Starbuck to think that one of the Boomers might be the "real" one.

Having Starbuck stranded away from the rest of the ship also isn't all that great as far as the story goes as I want to see her reacting to things like Tigh now being in command.

Already we have a bit of a problem. Assuming Starbuck is able to get back to Kobol, how will she find the rest of the fleet which has jumped on?

My guess is that Boomer will return with a larger ship she stole able to take all three of them off planet, and thereby winning some trust.

Personally' date=' I just didn't like the way that part of the story played out. I hope they get off Caprica soon because that storyline is pretty much dead right now.[/quote']

The whole Caprica subplot has kind of sucked through s1 in to s2.

The whole thing was an afterthought that they have trying to salvage, and the writing has not panned out as well as it should.

And, no, Helo is not a Cylon.

Well i don't think all the caprica stuff sucks. It's another part of the story, that somehow, bit by but, will get connected to the rest of the story. The fact that it seems now that it dosn't fit in the plot, I'd like to think that only means that the plot it's something bigger than what we have seen, and in the end, all will be clear.

Aitkiar.

This bit by bit progression of the story is what bothers me. Dragging out a subplot this way is annoying, especially given that BSG has now degenerated to being little more than a soap-opera than either sci-fi or adventure. I wonder if the creator/writers are big fans of that over-rated shmuck Arthur C. Clarke.

This bit by bit progression of the story is what bothers me. Dragging out a subplot this way is annoying, especially given that BSG has now degenerated to being little more than a soap-opera than either sci-fi or adventure. I wonder if the creator/writers are big fans of that over-rated shmuck Arthur C. Clarke.

• 2 weeks later...

ok people look again Helo is not a Cylon as the note said "> There are only 12 Cylon Models." Plus, all humans currently on caprica and the other colonies are using anit-radiation meds. so the the nuclear radiation doe'nt kill them, well thats all i have to say.