Space Above And Beyond

sinergy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread is the reason why I joined this forum.

In my opinion SAAB was the best sc-fi series ever made. It was cut short simply because there was a fall out between the big men in suits combined with bad airing times in the US.

I agree that BSG takes just about all the best features of SAAB, combines it with the old prop designs and award winning formula of the 1978 BSG. As for the scene where Starbuck touches the glass on the airlock with the cylon inside........I bet every Star Trek fan threw their dinner at the TV! That had to be P take by the directors and producers!

If I remember rightly SAAB only got one showing on terresterial TV in the UK. I have begged the BBC to show it again but for whatever reason they wont.

Someone should really bring this show back and re-unite the old cast or maybe even introduce a new cast for a second series........because hell we didnt even find out if the Chigs were beat.

For me SAAB represented a dawn of a more adult sc-fi show influenced by the success of the X-Files. It had just the right level of technology that was believable.

I really could drivel on about how good this show was in its day and I`ll wager Wong is grinding his teeth right now at the popularity of the new BSG because he knows that show could so easily of been SAAB.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, ive just about completes season 2 with few hours left, i have only got 20% of season 1 (the smaller proper file size one that matches the other 3 seasons)http://www.niteshdw.com:8080/torrents-details.php?id=3085 , looks like season 3 is going to be nightmare to complete, season 4 looks hopefull.

It would not be hard for peeps to help reseed as the avis aint even rared.

Thanks anyone who helps reseed.

I watched every episode they ever aired in Sweden and recorded all of it on VHS. Space Above n Beyond kinda reminded me of the game Wing Commader back then.

I think my brother have 24 episodes on 2DVDs.

(45min x 24 + meals = 18 h nonstop)

Maybe I'll watch em next weekend :)

edit

I d/l Wing Commander (movie). Great action and lots of it.

http://www.niteshdw.com/torrents-details.php?id=2890

• 2 weeks later...

No way......Wing Commander and SAAB are two different shows. Wing Commander the movie was made after SAAB. Wing Commander was a Star Wars and Galactica wanna-be.....just a computer game with some cut scenes with Mark and some very silly looking giant Ewoks.

Go back and have a look at the Graphics of Wing Commander and have a right laugh!

I will admit a mother ship that launches lots of smaller ships is a very old idea.........but it wasnt Wing Commanders idea.........that for me is the similarity between Wing Commander and SAAB ends.

Still an awesome show that blows away all the newer stuff into space dust. Now where in the hell are the region 2 DVD's Fox?

Steve.

No way......Wing Commander and SAAB are two different shows. Wing Commander the movie was made after SAAB. Wing Commander was a Star Wars and Galactica wanna-be.....just a computer game with some cut scenes with Mark and some very silly looking giant Ewoks.

Go back and have a look at the Graphics of Wing Commander and have a right laugh!

In the past before SAAB was aired (in Sweden) and before Wing Commander the movie was made.

There was this this game Wing Commander and I had a flashback memory... :thinking:

And since I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I kind of remember that the grapichs in Wing Commander the game was very good at that time (If you compare with other games that was available back then). :thinking:

And btw when ppl type a difficult word like REMINDED... Plz don't confuse this word with others like fact/proof/or similar words. Thanks in advance. :p