Stage 9 C&Dd by CBS

dBLOOD

I don't know how much you know about this, I haven't even heard about it either until it was shut down (although I'm not interested in VR), but there was a fan-made VR-game/experience called Stage 9. This thing recreated the interior of Enterprise-D, it was similar in look to the VR game "Star Trek: Bridge Commander", and it got Cease and Desisted recently by CBS.
Here is a short video about the game and the C&D from Nerd3.

I won't lie, there were a few parts of the video where the guy kind of annoyed me and I had to skip a few seconds until he stopped boasting about how good it was.... but it is bloody good!

I'm also not a VR fan (Not that I've really tried it), but this definitely makes me want to. I've never seen anything like that. There really was so much detail into that, especially considering it's unofficial. 

I miss Bridge Commander!

• 1 month later...

I do regret not signing up for the Beta of this.

I was sure it would be released eventually,

Many people are suggesting that CBS (or Paramount) buy the VR game or buyout Stage 9,

or at least let them do it with permission.  Similar to Steam and the Half-life/Black-mesa mod/game.

But, what took Stage 9 years to accomplish, pretty much already exists in ST: Bridge Crew.

[and I'm sure it will be in the planning for ST Bridge Crew 2]