Stargate Season9

howiepoohs

^^ I like the religious issue as well. Now, SG-1 has to defeat the new enemy not only militarily, but also ideologically, which makes the whole thing a lot more difficult... The last episode The Powers That Be looks like solid Stargate to me! :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep 5 was an improvement on 4. I was completely dismayed to see the bint, volvo or whatever her name is, still in it, but she seemed to play the part an awful lot better this time, or perhaps the writing has improved. I have to agree though, Stargate does seem a bit like farscape or perhaps andromida in its new found cheep and nastyness. Those were also shows which I could not bring myself to endure. Yep it defo going in a new direction and Im unsure if I like it much. I do really miss RDA even if he was more cameo in the last few seasons, he brought a freshness to the genre with his expose of the cliche used by the baddies and whit and sarcasm. I guess he is getting on a bit now and wants to take it easy. Dont blame him if so. One good thing, we no longer have to endure long opening credits! I concede on the Ori stuff, that is getting better.

I love the direction the show has taken. We finally got rid of jackass O'Neill, and get Chriton as a replacement. Couldn't be better. And for once, the show is finally what it's supposed to be about, Daniel. Beau Bridges is weak and absent as a leader, but maybe they're waiting to bring him more into focus after the current story arc mellows. I particulary like the banter and characterization between Daniel and Vaala. Together with the new themes, they're keeping the show fresh after 9 years; name another show that's accomplished that. Lexa is a beautiful girl with no talent, but a shameful bit of nepotism, cramming her into a role she can't handle. What's interesting is how we all like the show for different reasons. Maybe that's why it's popularity is still high.

Frankly I love that Black is playing something OTHER than the snarky fridgid bitch she was through a great deal of Farscape (not that I didnt LOVE her on the show, Im just saying something different is AWFULLY nice!). Admittedly I keep thinking we now have Chriton in charge of SG:1, but all in all thats not such a bad thing so long as the characters EVOLVE...

Face it, O'Neil was taken JUST about as far as he could go in the storyline. Also, most people had gotten WAYYYYYY too comfortable with how things operated on SG:1 and really, that gets boring FAST (I personally lost interest in the last few eps of SG:1 last season). This new direction means we now have to deal with DIFFERENT character dynamics and DIFFERENT character goals/ideals. People who are complaining that 'its not the same' are impossible to please because to many of the rest of us, SG:1 was starting to be (say it with me) REPETITIVE!!! And overall I REALLY do like the show(s) a LOT, and yes its different... but thats OKAY...

Now the whole thing with the Ori... thats fun because now they have to deal with a race WITH ACTUAL powers, as opposed to the Goa'uld (or however its spelt) who were just pretenders... it makes for a MUCH more difficult situation to deal with.

And remember, for all intents and purposes, theyve gone and changed out almost all the major players in the base, OF COURSE they're not going to seem as 'comfortable' with each other as you were used to... they just MET each other :P

I liked RDA in the show alot, but he wanted to spend time with his daughter and I can understand. Personally I am excited that Sg-1 is going in a new direction. I have watched the show since day one and I will continue watching it until they stop the show. I also think Ben Browder is an excellent choice for the show.

You realize Lexa is married to Michael (Daniel), and probably one of the reasons she's on the show. They might hook up hehe.

And I also think Ben will be better than RDA. Hell, he even looks like Kurt Russel from the original movie, the same way Bridges has the same attitude or demeanor as the general from the Stargate movie. Anyone ever notice "twitchy fingers" hammond? Everytime he said something it annoyed me the hell out of me, watching his fingers and hands dance around.

I think there's still 1 or 2 yrs left in this show. Plenty of story ideas for these new bad guys, untill and unless they meet the real deal (GOD) and all the angels, and IT puts everyone in their place in some final kick as$ battle.

Well, just downloaded and watched "beachhead" finnally, I thought it was brilliant !! really epic-scale and intense all the way through, really enjoyed this one.

The giant Stargate looked impressive too. This series is the best so far IMHO. I know some disagree so each to there own :)

Well, just downloaded and watched "beachhead" finnally, I thought it was brilliant !! really epic-scale and intense all the way through, really enjoyed this one.

The giant Stargate looked impressive too. This series is the best so far IMHO. I know some disagree so each to there own :)

I have to admit that this one brought me back on board to the series and yes, that large stargate was really quite impressive with images of space odysey 2010 flashing through my head. I would have like to have seen it go operational.

Kinda sorry to see Claudia Black leave the series though. Thought that there could have been some story happen with her and Carter.

I can't imagine how they will top season 9 and 10. I mean if they're dealing with things this powerful, the next step would be the afterlife lol.

You can find info on the next episodes here, http://sg1archive.com

And you can find screens and a movie of the SG1 video game here http://www.stargate-gaming.com/site/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9

Guest c4evap

I too miss RDA. I'm hoping the new characters will give this great show a boost. So far I'm not too impressed...but I'm going to give it some time to develop before judgment. I liked Ben Bowder in Farscape...hope he fits in. At least he's nice to look at! ;)

c4 B)

Hi peeps new here! right just downloaded Stargate season 9 and i find it cool, i liked claudia black in this, i found her funny and a fresh face to the series...and let me say she's hot and lexa doig mmmmm very nice anyway i have just finished watching from episode 1 through to episode 7 just would like to know if anybody will be seeding the rest of series 9...Oh i have found this a really cool site keep it up your doing a top job.... Oh as I'm in the Uk we dont get this series over here yet, so was just wondering if anybody does have the rest of this series..if they have been shown as of yet! B)

So no one went to the SG1 convention in chicago then? I would have gone if I knew about it sooner, but I was too tired. Might be the last one those 2 do since they both have children now.

I don't find lexa to be that hot really. I've been with better looking asian girls.