They can't beat us.... :D

TetsuoShima

Read this interesting article by Reuters about P2P file sharing.

This makes it absolutely clear that the big guys (MP**/R|**)might as well give up. By attacking one P2P network, they don't accomplish anything. Users simply migrate to the next, and when that one is under attack, they move to the next, they might even move back to the old one...

This study does however have one consequence that is not so good for us... If congress decides it is illegal to do any filesharing whatsoever, and this report helps in supporting that point of view, then we're still screwed...

Let's just hope they give up, lay down and die...

the more troubles on the file sharing front i hear about in the US, the happier i am to be in canada... But a question to my fellow canadians. Why exactly is it that canada is so easy going about file sharing compared to the US?

Perhaps it has something to do with the slack pot smoking laws here... maybe even a direct connection ;)

the more troubles on the file sharing front i hear about in the US, the happier i am to be in canada... But a question to my fellow canadians. Why exactly is it that canada is so easy going about file sharing compared to the US?

Perhaps it has something to do with the slack pot smoking laws here... maybe even a direct connection ;)

Because Canada is the promised land and it's in the top 3 places to live in the world. We all know that rating is based off of file-sharing laws. ;)

Because Canada is the promised land and it's in the top 3 places to live in the world. We all know that rating is based off of file-sharing laws. ;)

I dunno, if i had the choice of risking trouble W/ U.S. athoritys but living in america, or having no trouble w/ athoritys but living in canada i would chose america. Sorry, i love my cancadian brothers but it is way to liberal up there for my taste and i like the weather down here in colorado, lol.

I also don't think they will be looking for the Joe-shmo average american dling for the hell of it, but rather pirates who sell the stuff after they DL. :)

Guest c4evap
Ya know' date=' I have exactly that same opinion about Canada... just switch 'liberal' with 'conservative', or maybe 'insular'.[/quote']

Let's just call a spade a spade.

Canada is an enlightened country.

America is moving backwards into the dark ages.

c4 B) ~ IMHO

Guest c4evap
Ya know' date=' I have exactly that same opinion about Canada... just switch 'liberal' with 'conservative', or maybe 'insular'.[/quote']

Let's just call a spade a spade.

Canada is an enlightened country.

America is moving backwards into the dark ages.

c4 B) ~ IMHO

Well' date=' I'm too polite to say anything like that... ;)[/quote']

Not me. I live in the states so i suppose it's OK.

c4 B)

I dunno, if i had the choice of risking trouble W/ U.S. athoritys but living in america, or having no trouble w/ athoritys but living in canada i would chose america. Sorry, i love my cancadian brothers but it is way to liberal up there for my taste and i like the weather down here in colorado, lol.

I also don't think they will be looking for the Joe-shmo average american dling for the hell of it, but rather pirates who sell the stuff after they DL. :)

but how well can people monitor those who download and sell and those who just download?? Let the conspiracy theories commence:

In england they only seem to be going after uploads. Which is stupid cause most of the stuff comes from north america. (as in the continent)