What is/was your favourite Federation starship?

TetsuoShima

Come On!! It HAS to be the Sovereign class!

1) It's sleeeek - like it was built by Ferrari

2) It's got a mean punch - Quantum Torpedos! Whee!

3) Kicks the Defiant's butt - remember the line in ST:FC where Riker tells Worf: "Nice little ship"?

4) The latest Enterprise 1701E is it!

Galaxu would be 2nd choice since it just looks to, well, majestic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be the promethus for it can seperate into 3 ships has got one hell of a punch behind with quantum and photon torpedos mult regenerative sheilding etc should i go on

it is one hell of powerful ship,and could kick the sovergin class starship ass anyday well cool B)

I will forever love the design of the Galaxy Class starship, because it visually demonstrated that the Federation was a culture that valued peace. Organic and whale-like, the huge saucer section was for living in, not primarily for waging war.

Later models, either because of the Borg threat, dominion war, or the need to market Star Trek to adolescent boys, returned to the more spartan, hard-angled, battle-ready configuration.

I believe the look of the Enterprise 1701-D best reflected the fully-realized dream of Gene Rodenberry.

-freyacat

I will forever love the design of the Galaxy Class starship, because it visually demonstrated that the Federation was a culture that valued peace. Organic and whale-like, the huge saucer section was for living in, not primarily for waging war.

Later models, either because of the Borg threat, dominion war, or the need to market Star Trek to adolescent boys, returned to the more spartan, hard-angled, battle-ready configuration.

I believe the look of the Enterprise 1701-D best reflected the fully-realized dream of Gene Rodenberry.

-freyacat

Well said. I guess when i voted for the sov. class I was thinking from a tactical mindset. But if I had to pick a class of ship that represented the Federation and what it stands for, it would be the galaxy class, hands down.

-freyacat

Well said. I guess when i voted for the sov. class I was thinking from a tactical mindset. But if I had to pick a class of ship that represented the Federation and what it stands for, it would be the galaxy class, hands down.

Nicely put. I too was voteing for the defient for a tactical reason due to the fact that it can punch its way through most problems. But I am 15 years old and I loved star trek not for the brutality but beacuse i like science and i hope for a better future and STAR TREK IS GONNA BE THAT FUTURE!!! lol. ;)

The Enterprise J was featured in the "Enterprise" series and was involved in the episodes where Archer is being shifted in time to the..... help me out here, I think the 29th century. they never actually show it except when there on the bridge there is a picture of it on the wall.

I'm sorry it was the 26th century, Archer was brought there to make sure that the humans and the Xindi made peace

200405291406_E-J-3.jpg