Stargate Infinity

selcouth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320969/

"This oversimplified drivel doesn't deserve the name "Stargate" or to be in any way associated with the Stargate movie and TV series.

If they wanted to create a new show based on the concept of traveling through gates across the galaxy, then so be it. But I hate the cheap ploy of cashing in on the Stargate namesake.

This IS NOT Stargate and doesn't deserve the name!"

well, this says it all..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320969/

"This oversimplified drivel doesn't deserve the name "Stargate" or to be in any way associated with the Stargate movie and TV series.

If they wanted to create a new show based on the concept of traveling through gates across the galaxy, then so be it. But I hate the cheap ploy of cashing in on the Stargate namesake.

This IS NOT Stargate and doesn't deserve the name!"

well, this says it all..

There's another thread on this somewhere. What's the premis of this show anyway...I've never heard anything more than basically it sucks.

I saw one episode but it was okay. I just couldn't get the animation. It was a little too slow for me.

Info courtesy of Gateworld.com

STARGATE INFINITY

The 'Infinity' team (Click to enlarge) Thirty years after the S.G.C.'s first trip through the Stargate, a mysterious creature named Draga is discovered inside an ancient Egyptian mummy. Stargate Command must get her back to her home planet, though she is being pursued by a sinister alien race and bounty hunters from Earth.

Led by a veteran soldier named Gus Bonner, a team of four teenage trainees from Stargate Academy head through the gate each week to explore new worlds and discover new cultures. They are wrongly accused of treason and flee across the universe with Draga.

Also courtesy of the same site

Stargate Infinity is an animated series based on MGM's hit science fiction franchise. Infinity is co-produced by MGM and DIC Entertainment. It premiered in September, 2002, as part of Fox's Saturday morning line-up.

The writers and producers of SG-1 and future live-action Stargate projects are not involved in Infinity. According to SG-1 co-creator Brad Wright, the animated series should not be considered official Stargate canon.

So even the crew of SG-1 don't consider it official canon. It's more like a fan-fic made cartoon.

• 3 weeks later...
I saw one episode but it was okay. I just couldn't get the animation. It was a little too slow for me.

Info courtesy of Gateworld.com

STARGATE INFINITY

The 'Infinity' team (Click to enlarge) Thirty years after the S.G.C.'s first trip through the Stargate, a mysterious creature named Draga is discovered inside an ancient Egyptian mummy. Stargate Command must get her back to her home planet, though she is being pursued by a sinister alien race and bounty hunters from Earth.

Led by a veteran soldier named Gus Bonner, a team of four teenage trainees from Stargate Academy head through the gate each week to explore new worlds and discover new cultures. They are wrongly accused of treason and flee across the universe with Draga.

Also courtesy of the same site

Stargate Infinity is an animated series based on MGM's hit science fiction franchise. Infinity is co-produced by MGM and DIC Entertainment. It premiered in September, 2002, as part of Fox's Saturday morning line-up.

The writers and producers of SG-1 and future live-action Stargate projects are not involved in Infinity. According to SG-1 co-creator Brad Wright, the animated series should not be considered official Stargate canon.

So even the crew of SG-1 don't consider it official canon. It's more like a fan-fic made cartoon.

That sounds terrible :( Teenagers? Stargate Academy? Ewww

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yea I mean look what Fox did to Firefly and they got a movie made out of it now....ha bet Fox is going like darn should have let that show keep going...

Tho if u think about it...if they did then there might not have been a movie.

Fox didn't get anything from Serenity. Universal made it.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't stand it. A mockery!!!!

C'mon guys... we aren't the target audience... It was a Saturday morning cartoon. And my friends 8 year old son loved it. I loved it too because the hyperactive little bugger actually sat and watched the whole thing instead of literally bouncing off of the walls and driving me nuts.

• 1 month later...