Does anyone else think Doctor Cottle is a cylon?

CC

I can't quite pin down everything that makes me suspect him, but it sure seems like he'd be in the PERFECT position for manipulating the survivors. So far it seems like the Cylons go in more for manipulating/influencing than necessarily being in charge.

After all, he supplied the drugs to the President that caused her hallucinations, he (possibly conveniently?) wasn't on Galactica when Sharon shot Adama,... and I can't help but wonder if perhaps Roslin's cancer isn't spreading or is perhaps treatable. But by telling her it has spread or can't be treated, you're certainly influencing her actions.

I dunno. Maybe it's all nothing, but it sure seems convenient they just happened to have ONE doctor survive with them.

Just remembered two of the other things that made me wonder about Cottle.

1) The fact that only Baltar was able to come up with a Cylon detector. Surely if anybody else might have been able to do so, you'd expect it to be a doctor. If the doctor's a Cylon, no worries.

2) Scanning Baltar's head to see if there was a chip in it. The doctor said there wasn't. But if the doctor's a Cylon...

As far as Helen Tigh goes, I'm actually wondering if she's going to turn out to be human after all. Making some sort of contrast as to how a somewhat unpleasant, manipulative human might be/seem just as bad as a Cylon.

I don't know about the doc' date=' but I will be amazed if Tigh's wife is not a Cylon.[/quote']

I don't know, somehow her being a Cylon is just too obvious though don't you think?

BSG has managed to show us that most of the time they do what is the last thing on our minds, and it's been blatantly obvious that Ellen Tigh is sowing seeds of dissent all over the fleet, particularly with Tom Zarek, like he guaranteed her power if she helps him.

However, after the Kobol incident where it was pretty clear he had *something* to do with wanting the Adama's dead, he won't be popular any time soon.

Anyway, just seems too obvious to me... :stare:

CC has some good points. I agree that the doctor seems suspicious. I also believe that the remaing Cylons will be new characters from the fleet not another main character. If one of the main characters is cylon it will remain hidding until the end. Just my thoughts.

Sharon said there were 8 remaining cylons "in the fleet". Which poses two questions:

1) did sharon know the Pegasus was out there, thus did she count Pegasus as "the fleet"

2) are there cylon agents on Pegasus and who could they be...Adm. Cain!?! She's sure as hell causing a lot of dissention... :rolleyes:

2) are there cylon agents on Pegasus and who could they be...Adm. Cain!?! She's sure as hell causing a lot of dissention... :rolleyes:

That's what I said in my post in the 2x10 thread. If you think about it, if Cain was a cylon, why would she have allowed the severe abuse of Six?

However, there's also the question of how the Pegasus survived. Adama and the President seemed somewhat skeptical that the Admiral was telling the truth about their 'escape'.

I don't know about the doc' date=' but I will be amazed if Tigh's wife is not a Cylon.[/quote']

I don't know, somehow her being a Cylon is just too obvious though don't you think?

Well maybe. That's probably why I'll be amazed if she's not a Cylon. The one trait the human cylons have is that they like to get in peoples heads and manipulate. I see parallels between Ellen's manipulation of Tigh and Loebon's attempts with Starbuck and Six with Baltar.

But we shall see. That's one of the reasons I love this series.

That's what I said in my post in the 2x10 thread. If you think about it, if Cain was a cylon, why would she have allowed the severe abuse of Six?

However, there's also the question of how the Pegasus survived. Adama and the President seemed somewhat skeptical that the Admiral was telling the truth about their 'escape'.

I think the Pegasus' escape is a good reason to wonder about Admiral Cain, plus I'm kind of wondering, what happened to Pegaus' regular CO, the Commander in charge? If the Colonial Fleet is like the Navy, an admiral can take command but typically wouldn't be a field CO. :stare:

I don't think the fact that Cain allowed Six to be tortured though necessarily puts doubt on her possibly being a cylon...I'm not saying I think she IS a cylon, but they allow all kinds of harm to come to the Models. One of the Six's on Caprica set it up so that Sharon would save Helo's life by killing ANOTHER Six model. And they clearly sent in the first Six to die on that remote outpost.....And Baltar's Six died in the nukes on Caprica.

So I think the Cylons have very little problem with sacrificing models to get a job done.

Man I am tired of this whole bs about cylons are among the crew. That lil plot twist is tired. How long will you sit around wondering who is a cylon I know I am not waiting five youars to find out. Get that lil b story out of the way. Everytime you see an a mistake happens it looks like the cylons manipulated the situation in their favor. cylons might as well fall back or head straight to earth. Now as far as Doc Cottle being a Cylon I have to shoot holes in that theory. First being a medical doctor does not make you an expert in cylon. Medical doctors I assume are trained for human anatomy not cylon. I dont know what baltar educational background is but I am sure he has had extensive study in other fields besides human anatomy (his educational background they will have to gives us more insight into season 3). Rosalyn was not in a hallucinative state till she was off the drugs. When she was in prison and Ti wanted to show her as a loon her assistant was able to sneak her in some of the requested to medicine to get her head right.And another thing Doc Cottle couldnt have been lying about rosayln's cancer. It was confirmed by her own doctor before the cylon attack as restated by Doc. Cottle.

Man I am tired of this whole bs about cylons are among the crew. That lil plot twist is tired. How long will you sit around wondering who is a cylon I know I am not waiting five youars to find out. Get that lil b story out of the way. Everytime you see an a mistake happens it looks like the cylons manipulated the situation in their favor. cylons might as well fall back or head straight to earth.

Forgetting whether or not Doc Cottle is a cylon, you can't just "forget about that b plot" for thing, it's not a b plot, it pretty much IS the plot. The very point is that the fact that just about anybody COULD be a cylon has caused rampant paranoia, just like it really would, hell just like it has, the Red Scare is a prime example.

So far as I've been able to tell, the real story of BSG is very much an exploration of humanity and that part of it is how far we can be pushed by paranoia and anxiety. It's not going to go away, there are still like 7 models we haven't seen yet (and 8 total in the fleet), they're going to keep finding them in the fleet, no doubt about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I also think that the ''Chief'' is one. Remember when he was bleeding (can't remember in which episode), we saw a blood drop in slow motion, the exact same thing happen when Boomer was getting a beating after she shot Adama. Later we found out that she was a cylon so maybe the Chief is one also.

Hey guys' date=' I also think that the ''Chief'' is one. Remember when he was bleeding (can't remember in which episode), we saw a blood drop in slow motion, the exact same thing happen when Boomer was getting a beating after she shot Adama. Later we found out that she was a cylon so maybe the Chief is one also. [/quote']

I think this was to underline that Cylons and Humans are basically the same; I have the impression the writers are angling towards showing that the Cylons aren't exactly all Evil; I certainly know I've felt more compassion for the two Cylon war prisoners than for all the humans combined...

[edit]Sorry for the multipost

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...