countdown to the X-mas special

coolcat13

as the shoppers gear up for thier Christmas shopping and a fun filled holiday season , What I am most looking forward to is the Dr Who Christmas special with the new Dr and all the goodies we should get from RTD . one wonders exactly what the plot hook will be .One thing for certain the Dr will be facing an old nemesis (pardon the pun )

so what are the fans expecting from the new season and what are the expectations ?

You mean the countdown to Star Wars Episode III DVD and Battlefront II!! Thank you for reminding me of this. Big hopes, cross your fingers for this Christmas SW extravaganza!

Both titles come out Nov 1 in stores in our galaxy! Do buy them and support George Lucas's efforts. I can't do this myself you know. We will need all our power to spread Star Wars even more than it already has been.

The new season did look pretty good from what I read. Cybermen and Sarah Jane Smith.

Any idea if Adam or Captain Jack show up this season? Thought it was odd how they just left Jack behind at the end of the first season...poor Jack, fights to the death, then gets abandoned...

No, Jack won't be returning until season three. He was suppose to come back in episode 6, of season 2. However, he has comitted him self to too many projects and has no spare time for Doctor Who, thus he isn't suppose to be returning till season 3. Question is, with his own show due to screen next year will he be returning to Doctor Who as a regular or only a guest star?

As far I know from all the info about season two, it looks like Mickey is goin to be Jacks replacement, as it is reported he joins the TARDIS crew.

• 3 weeks later...
In the last episode of Season 1 - Jack was left stranded on Satilite 5 - how will he get back for Torchwood? or will that be explained in episode 6?

quoted from the Torchwood wiki

Barrowman reported on his website that the story of Torchwood would be "seeded" in the Christmas special and 2006 season of Doctor Who

Of course, who's to say that it takes place afterwards? He was a former time agent, so maybe its based on his time before?

Maybe, but from what I've heard it is after the Parting of Ways, and how he ends up in 2006/7 Earth will be explored in the series. As for the seeds of TOCHWOOD being in the xmas special, I belive it is a reference made to the unit. They possibly could get involved in either assisting, or hindering, the doctors efforts to stop the invasion.

Thier not going to do any overt links, basically meaning that you don't need to have seen Doctor Who to know what's going on. And it is a adult show, but remember, the majority of Doctor Who fans are adults who grew up watching the original Doctor Who. If it proves a succes they might have more links to Doctor Who if they get more seasons.