Replicators VS Borgs

Bapman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Replicators took a ship that would take 100+ years to get back to our galaxy and got it to do the journey in a matter of hours. Plus they're essentially immune to energy weapons and human form replicators maybe the t-1000 look like a pussy.

And to be honest, I doubt that the replicators would bother with an organic component.

I'd have to say Replicators

Both techno-races have similar qualities

>They both sneak around a ship, learning it's strengths and weaknesses

>They both assimilate technology

>Both have mechanical components that can be defeated. Replicators are wholey mechanical and have been defeated by a particular energy wave. The borg can be disabled with electro-kinteic energy from galactic storms or sufficiently powerful weaponary.

But the main comparison I would make is that the fight between Replicators and Borg would boil down to 'whose biggar?'.

The Replicators while small are comprised of singular, self-contained energy particles.

The Borg are assimilated beings modified with technolgy to improve their physical status.

It's like comparing an animal to a bacteria. Animals may be larger and more complex but given sufficient time they can be brought down by any number of illnesses. Bacteria on the other hand replicate until their food is exhausted because their biology is simple, self-contained and unified.

The Replicators are capable of using all matter to create more copies of themselves and the more their are, the stronger they get. They devour everything even whole planets as long as they have sufficinet cause to do so. They have a simgular purpose to replicate without any grand plan besides replicating.

The Borg rely on other species developing technology and then assimilate that technology to improve on their own. They only assimilate people and technolgy and any necessary materials to expand. They have a singular purpose too - PERFECTION. Perfection is what defeats the Borg. Creating something perfect requires constant and consistent attention as well as adjustment based on any new technology from another assimilated species. However they have standards which prevent them from being truly effective (from a Voyager episode where 7of9 tells about how the Kazon being 'unworthy of assimilation').

The Replicators will prevail becasue they take everything and use it to replicate every way they can while the Borg are reaching for an ideaolistic goal of ultimate perfection which hinders them as they are trying to consitently improve themselves. The Replicators win because they have only one goal - REPLICATE.

• 1 month later...

The Asguard could not detect the Replicators when they boarded their ships - i doubt the borg would be able to lock on and beam them into space. Replicators are highly adaptive - perhaps more-so than the Borg...

I hate to say it but after watching lots of SG-1 - Replicators are so cool - and would win against the Borg... :rolleyes:

The Asguard could not detect the Replicators when they boarded their ships - i doubt the borg would be able to lock on and beam them into space. Replicators are highly adaptive - perhaps more-so than the Borg...

I hate to say it but after watching lots of SG-1 - Replicators are so cool - and would win against the Borg... :rolleyes:

The borg can destroy planets create interdimensional rifts, timetravel, stabalize the omega particle and it takes only one borg to start an collective. I doubt they puny replicators stand an chance. :)

It takes two replicators and they wil have adapted. Important places of the borg ships are protected by forcefields and if the replicators are considered an thread they wont even get on that ship. A few nanoprobes later and the replicators are history.

The borg can destroy planets create interdimensional rifts, timetravel, stabalize the omega particle and it takes only one borg to start an collective. I doubt they puny replicators stand an chance. :)

It takes two replicators and they wil have adapted. Important places of the borg ships are protected by forcefields and if the replicators are considered an thread they wont even get on that ship. A few nanoprobes later and the replicators are history.

Think about it - if those replicators got on board a Borg Cube - which they can do quite easily - they could actually just fly onboard - or onto the cubes hull - and once they're on - they can just eat away at the hull and create more replicators - the Borg would be outnumbered - and i doubt nanoprobes could do anything the the replicators - and i don't even know what kind of weapons the Borg could use against the replicators that would be effective...

As we've seen Go'auld energy weapons are innefective against replicators - so too would borg weapons which are almost all energy-based.

The only weapons which would affect would also destroy borg. Guns destroy replicators and Borg are too (based on First Contact when Picard shoots up the Borg on the Holodeck). Any kind of kinetic energy is harmful to both (Voyager season 3 "Unity", a cube knocked out by an electro-kinetic storm). Also why both die when they crash into a planet.

Given that they both adapt technology to their own advantage I think it boils down to a test of speed:

If the borg can adapt quickly enough then numbers don't matter

If the replicators appropriate enough resources then they can overwhelm

Borg has many more ships' date=' i think... Self destruct voila[/quote']

Well If the Borg weren't aware of the Replicators presence when they were boarded - they could take over the computer system, disrupt that vinculum or somthing (which brings order to chaos apparently) so they could do a lot to disrupt the Borg cube before they could self distruct and could even prevent the Borg cube from destroying itself

Well Replicator ships could be more manuverable - so all it takes is for the replicators to get near - fire some kind of torpedo filled with replicators at the ship and then the Borg cube would be infected and the replicator ship could just move off and allow the replicators on the Borg cube to take over the ship

They'd have to come near with a ship first' date=' and they could ram em and self destruct.[/quote']

That's proven to be questionably effective, several instances have had ships destroy but Replicators survive.

Drones vs. replicators would be interesting but drones vs. human form replicators wouldn't be a contest. For all intents and purposes, human form replicators were pretty much indestructible.

I posted the same poll on ST forums... not its not here again 'cause the replicators are losing BUT because I wanted to see if anyone can see through the arguement objectively, since most of them there seems to know more abt borgs thn the Replicators.

Sooo who do u think wins if they were at their peak and an all out war broke out between the 2.

My money replicators.

Replicators>the borg