Daleks VS 8472?

TFMF

Ok - same as the Daleks VS Borg topic - though i think this one will be more balanced - last time i think the Daleks won - however - Species 8472 seems more powerful and may be pose more of a threat to the Daleks......

me personally - i go with 8472!!! - they are faster - can survive in space and i think if one of those were to jump on a Dalek - the Dalek wouldn't stand a chance....but that's my opinion....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i suppose - and they can fly - but 8472 ships are more powerful - deffinetly - I mean the mauverability and power - 1 shot kill really - i don't think that infection that Kim caught in Scorpion would affect them - but a Dalek has been disabled before - say it's eye peice damaged or somthing like that so 8472 could really do some damage

erm i hate to rain on dalek fans parade but the daleks cant take the stairs.

so i think 8472 might be the one to win

I have no idea who or what the 8472 are, but dude, where've you been? Daleks go up stairs in the new series.

And in fact, they've been going up stairs since 1988...

Yup, Sylvester McCoy - in a very tongue in cheek fashion - is being chased by a Dalek and goes:

"Aha! Stairs!" And runs up them, looking smug and so on - only to be pursued by a levitating Dalek moments later. A similar thing was done in the new series.

If the dalek living inside the casing can survive when the dalek is floating in deep space, I think they could still survive if they were floating in fluid...

Edit: Also, there is the point that if one of those critters jumped on the dalek, the dalek's defense shield would torch them... you may have noticed in "Dalek" that they mentioned that people burst into flames when they tried to touch the dalek... active shield means people trying to touch the dalek get killed.

The big question is whether that active defense shield that can immolate people and vaporize incoming projectiles (even those of the 200th century equivalent of projectile weapons) could do the same to the body parts of an attacking 8472?

Ok... fellows... I don't have much idea about the DALEKS. I'm still watching the NEW Doctor Who

BUT here's a list of Species 8472 abilites... if they help.

1) The biofighters are highly manuvarable and 1 of them can take out a borg cube with 2 shots.

2) The fighters can combine to magnify their firepower which is destructive enuogh to blow up a planet to smithareens in a matter of minutes.

3) They are 8-9 feet tall... can regenerate like Wolverine... move like spider-man and hit like HULK... 1 of them broke VOYAGER's hull with its fists.

4) They are telepathic... though there is no indication that they can read other species' mind.

5) They have 5 different sexes [i have no idea how that helps but hey]

6) They are virtually immune to any type of biological and technological virus or desease type agents... unless that virus or nanobot is releasing the same chemical signature as their cells.

7) Their exact no. is unknown but it is suffice to say their army is bigger than the Dominion.

8) The live in fluidic space... NOT in our dimension... so no amount of time travel and bashing stuff in our universe is going to have any effect on their world whatsoever.

9) They can alter their appearances through genetic manipulation.

10) They are smarter than humans [i have no idea how this help either but hey again]

Now... it would be nice if someone listed the ability of the DALEKS so guys like me can enjoy this confrontation too.

By the way bro... you DID mean this fight takes place when both are at their peak right !?

Yes - lets just asume at this time - both the Daleks and 8472 are at full strength.

Daleks: - Bulky

- can fly

- slow (when moving on ground - they seem to be faster flying but prefer moving on the ground however)

- great intelligence

- reasonably strong energy type weapon

- to be honest i'd say there armor is stronger than Voyager's hull as we know one survived a crash landing and other stuff so....

- emotions and stuff like that are suppressed and so there judgement making is not as well refined as perhaps 8472 is. (perhaps why the Doctor was able to out smart them several times)

There is more but Doctor Who isn't my strong point

Of course... it's fair that way.

Abilities of the Daleks:

1) Excellent tactitians, with each individual dalek being an effective genius and supercomputer rolled into one. However, they tend to underestimate their opponents, and can be thrown off by extremely illogical tactics.

2) Virtually immune to energy weapons, and has a defensive shield that vaporizes hostile matter before it can hit the casing. Only intensely concentrated fire has any chance of penetrating this shield... and even then the only thing that could possibly damage is the eye piece. The shield and the casing is strong enough to allow a dalek to survive (with damage) free-fall atmospheric reentry and meteor-style impact against the ground. Multiple phasers focused on a single point may be able to overwhelm the defensive shield... but maybe not.

3) Fully enclosed environment within the casing, and has the ability to fly or move in space, in the air, or underwater.

4) Very powerful energy weapon that has multiple levels of power.

5) Given sufficient energy sources, daleks can repair even extreme damage to their casings.

Their ships:

1) Protected by a transduction barrier (which removes the actual ships from local time by some degree... depending on the amount and how long they remain in one spot, they are effectively untouchable unless the opponent has some way of bypassing the gap in time) Ex. A one-year positive transduction barrier would mean that although the daleks are there, what is in that area of space is what will be there a year from then.... they shield themselves with 'borrowed' time from the future or past.

2) The weapons of a single ship is capable of sterilizing the surface of a planet (given enough time), and with the concentrated fire of many ships they can destroy a planet.

3) Dalek ships are capable of targeted time travel (i.e. they can pick a location in time and space, create a time corridor there, and go!)... or possibly capable of general time travel as of the new Doctor Who series. They are capable of evading attacks by shifting through time... as are their weapons.

4) Dalek ships have powerful (?) defense shields, although their exact capabilities are unknown... and they don't often get used, given the effectiveness of the transduction barriers.

Odds are, for pure offensive power Species 8472 probably has the Daleks beat... but the time trump card plus strong defenses would probably put the Daleks ahead in a fight, assuming both are at their peak capabilities. I didn't mention the Dalek's bioweapon capabilities because they would probably be useless against Species 8472.

As 8472 relies on hand-to-hand attacks in personal combat (correct me if I'm wrong), they would lose in direct unit-to-unit conflicts due to the individual Dalek's defensive shielding unless they are tough enough to resist a barrier capable of instantly vaporizing metal and tissue.

Against 'old series' Daleks, the ships would still have considerable defenses, but as the individual daleks lack the active shield of the new series, they would probably lose to Species 8472 on a unit-by-unit basis.

DAIMN !!! :stare: THese DALEKS can pack a lot of WHOOPASS in their punches.

Well... let's see... an 8472... without any suit or armour can stay in the vacumn if space... stick on to VOYAGER WHILE its on warp with his fingers... move about... Stick onto VOYAGER in the first place... while its shields and defelctors are in place and working properly. B)

Plus even heavy weapons fire takes a LOT n LOT of time to kill a 8472 so how long can the DALEK personal shield stay !? n for how long can they continue to punch.

8472s ship can regenerate... and unless the the DALEKS can dish out more firepower than a borg cube well... there's no point.

What else ? 8472s weapons go through borg shield and blow them up. are the DALEK shields that powerful ?

These are just some of the questions... that exist... in the twiling zone... :cyclops:

[Followed by creepy music]

Well - not really - i mean the fact that we know very little about them is what makes them scary - the Borg were scary at first but then we got to know to much about them - Species 8472 still has many secrets that should be kept secret ^ - it's not cheap - it's smart :)