Star Trek Voyager Movie

ZSquallZ

Or you know you could not be a d|ck, and let everyone have their opinion. God. Calm the hell down. I don't see why your getting so worked up. :rolleyes:

MODERATION: profanity cleared. ;)

Sooo ? What's your point !? He had his opinion... and he made a post about it... which means he wants to know what people thought of it n I told him what I thought of it.

Sooo I can't find someone else's post hilarious !? If he's expecting only good comments thn he shud've wrote that 'only positive comments please'

I thought it was a stupid idea and I said it. I wasn't insulting Him but the fact that his idea to me sounded very bad... and made me laugh.

I'm pretty sure Michael Bay was p|ssed whn they told him BAD BOYS 2 suked and so was Rob Cohan whn Stealth bombed. But guess what they were BAD MOVIES with dumb plots. What he suggested here was no different... If he can't see that that's his taste... but its not mine.

If you can't take insults... don't post ur ideas. It's pretty silly to think that everyone's gonna love ur idea and suger-coat their criticism.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MODERATION ANNOUNCEMENT:

Appearently we have learned nothing at all from the re-pinning of the posting rules and all the fuss from a month ago...

If this topic turns into a trolling match, IT WILL GET LOCKED!

Please respect each others opinons and answer in a civilised, responsible, mature manner!

There is no need to bash voyager like that.

I mean I am sure there are many things you like that other find silly or even dumb. If you only follow what is super pop stuff you should look at MTV I am sure you could find something on that you would like.

Voyager may have not been the best but i liked it and that is all the matters. call me a fool for that or what ever.

Ok look dude... I loved Voyager too ok. I have the entire series.

BUT I'm open enough to admit that it was a BAD series. just because you n I love it doesn't make it good.

I'm sure there are lotsa guys who loved NEMESIS n INSURRECTIOn but they r still crap movies.

Ok... so VOYAGER isn't that bad but u have to realise that they have ran the series quite literally to such a stage that there can't n won't be any movie about it... plus most people are fed up with the show and is glad that its over.

Or else... the series won't have ended so suddenly.

Agreed, Voyager was not the best series, but did have some of the best episodes and 1 good character, I personally dont think a film could or would be made off the back of it. I fear we saw the last of Star Trek with the ill consieved Enterprise, but who knows. The BBC killed off Dr Who with some very dodgy story lines (Berty Basset monster anyone?) and actors, only to be reserected many years later, changed and improved. Maybe they have gone as far as they can with the story lines, there has been 100s of episodes how many other shows can can that? Well Stargate/Atlantis, The Simpsons. So, no I think they should hold off untill they get some new fresh ideas on stories and likable characters. I have to say though, the worse Star Trek of all was Season 7 of DS9.

You serious !?

DS-9 Season 6 is sooo good I just finished watching Sacrifice of Angels.

Abd you were right about VOYAGER... they have some of the best fillers and scorpion was 1 of the best arcs.

But the main plot and story progression was bad. We only saw the 2nd caretaker once. The showdown with the Kazon was very cheaply done. The Random episode with the Vaadwurs had more action than an important one.

But Episodes like Living witness... Message in a bottle... Bliss... Blink of an Eye... Distant Origin... etc. were some of the best ST episodes for me.

Personally, I am happy 'cause the new ST movie is coming out in 2007.

n I keep forgetting if its about the famed Klingon war or the Romulan war.

Someone clarify, what great war took place before Kirk's time !?

Hahaha, oh dear - seems feeling is running a bit high in this thread. I hardly feel that stating a negative opinion on Voyager can really be "bashing" it... unless one is going to say that praising it is psychophantic or deluded.

Now, I didn't really care for Voyager - but clearly some people did, fair enough. However, I think that Voyager fans need to realise that regardless of personal opinions there are a couple of things that have to be accepted about the show.

First off it suffered year on year ratings losses and only avoided getting pulled because of the Star Trek name and the introduction of 7 of 9. Let's face it, if this show didn't have the word "Star Trek" in its name, it would likely have been pulled off the air.

Secondly - though this is less a fact and more an observation - it essentially undermined Star Trek to the point where it became a joke to many fans. I don't mean people joking about how the Holodeck in TNG never worked or how Sisko "acted" by shouting, I mean people just being unable to take the show seriously at all. DS9 might have its critics but I don't think it comes close to the level of contempt that Voyager generates about Trek fandom. If you doubt that, just take a look at this thread.

Anyway... it's fair to say that Voyager has both its die hard fans and critics and ne'er the two shall meet but I don't think that you'd struggle to get the backing for a film. Besides - if you're looking for awful Trek films, look forward to Star Trek: The Beginning, sounds like it's going to give everyone something to moan about.

Sighhh... does anyone else feel that VOYAGER ended 'cause they needed to and couldn't keep it going anymore !?

I mean look at all the eps before it... they were all filler with plot and character progression so minute that I had problems taking it as a final season.

Then suddenly... endgame... there's no way Voyager cud come back current state so suddenly admiral decides to come from the future... where they have miraculously came up with anti-borg techs n somehow during that timeframe Voyager happened to be passing by the transwarp hub... the perfect thing they can use to go back home.

Seriously... am I the only one who while enjoyed the episode thought it was too... I dont know... out of the blue... convenient !?

Thats a good point. My intentions were that I liked the show and they should create a movie with the crew. They could make a movie on that they were sent back to the delta quadrant for some reason and had to return. Kinda the type like the new star trek movie.

[/b]Am I missing something? Which new Star Trek movie? I thought the last one was released years ago!!!!

:stare:...I am not sure why everyone on here has such stark opinions on a Voyager movie. In my opinion, anything that Paramount or the Star Trek Gods can throw our way is a good thing! Another movie is just that much more Star Trek for all to enjoy. If your not into certain series or movies, just don't watch, it's that simple. As for me, I take the good and the bad about Star Trek. Some things don't make sense and some are plain dumb, but the Star Trek universe as a whole contributes to the very reason we all come to this site and others like it. Chastising others for an opinion is rude. Just disagree and state your opinion, no need to be an (insert explitive here), ya know!

Hahaha, oh dear - seems feeling is running a bit high in this thread. I hardly feel that stating a negative opinion on Voyager can really be "bashing" it... unless one is going to say that praising it is psychophantic or deluded.

Now, I didn't really care for Voyager - but clearly some people did, fair enough. However, I think that Voyager fans need to realise that regardless of personal opinions there are a couple of things that have to be accepted about the show.

First off it suffered year on year ratings losses and only avoided getting pulled because of the Star Trek name and the introduction of 7 of 9. Let's face it, if this show didn't have the word "Star Trek" in its name, it would likely have been pulled off the air.

Secondly - though this is less a fact and more an observation - it essentially undermined Star Trek to the point where it became a joke to many fans. I don't mean people joking about how the Holodeck in TNG never worked or how Sisko "acted" by shouting, I mean people just being unable to take the show seriously at all. DS9 might have its critics but I don't think it comes close to the level of contempt that Voyager generates about Trek fandom. If you doubt that, just take a look at this thread.

Anyway... it's fair to say that Voyager has both its die hard fans and critics and ne'er the two shall meet but I don't think that you'd struggle to get the backing for a film. Besides - if you're looking for awful Trek films, look forward to Star Trek: The Beginning, sounds like it's going to give everyone something to moan about.

Ok, I will go with that. The proof is out there. Sorry for calling it bashing. I would have to say that this is a subject that brings out something in fans. As for myself i have a 102 temp and need my EMH.

They are home!

Whats left to tell???

Admiral Paris to Janeway

Janeway here

Captain i have a mission for you

im sorry admiral, mr kim just realised we left the iron on in the delta quadrant and its draining the ocompa energy supplies at an alarming rate

very well captain. carry on.

It's a DS9 movie that we should be focusing on really

But yeah a Voyager film would be interesting too - might be nice to see how 7of9 got on, What will happen to the Maquie crew etc.

There really wouldn't be much action but perhaps there could be one last mission together....

You can call it bashing if you want, not a hell of a lot I can do about that - I just don't think that it's really all that appropriate given that there are plenty of definite and indisputable flaws with Voyager, that make negative observation more like criticism grounded at least partially in fact.

In some ways, it felt as though Berman and Braga just stretched Voyager out to seven seasons, just because that's how much DS9 and TNG got. For me, that's really somewhat poor reasoning. Now, TNG arguably did most of its best episodes in season seven but I hardly think that the same can be said for Voyager or DS9.

Anyway, if we're to believe the current rumours - Berman is trying to pitch something around (supposedly) the post-Enterprise/pre-TOS time period... with a whole new crew. I think that Paramount have expressed a lot of skepticism about it.

SNip

Anyway, if we're to believe the current rumours - Berman is trying to pitch something around (supposedly) the post-Enterprise/pre-TOS time period... with a whole new crew. I think that Paramount have expressed a lot of skepticism about it.

Prequals never work out, obviously they didnt learn from enterprise, hopefully this doesnt happen

The next movie should definitely be with a new cast, handover from the old casts of TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY. With a superb storyline that actually has implications throughout the whole Delta Quadrant. Maybe like the Borg, Romulans, Cardassians, Klingons and Dominion suddenly feel that the Federation is a pisswick empire and should be crushed. Throw in Species 8472 and that bug that appeared in TNG S1 that nearly tookover the brains of all Federation officials and then ended in a cliffhanger saying that the beacon was sent and they're coming back... Then this new crew forms an alliance with Tribbles and together they defeat them all. Except some of the Borg, those that look as hot as seven of nine anyway.