Dominion Vrs. Brog

GhostShadow

heh well not to bring this up.. but aren't the born partly destroyed? I mean infecting the queen with a 29th century pathogen.. and making all hell break loose.. but then again.. in FC she died.. soo.. I dunno.. borg are pain.. that's what I say.. kill one queen and you have another.. *blinks* atleast it seems to be that way..

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh well not to bring this up.. but aren't the born partly destroyed? I mean infecting the queen with a 29th century pathogen.. and making all hell break loose.. but then again.. in FC she died.. soo.. I dunno.. borg are pain.. that's what I say.. kill one queen and you have another.. *blinks* atleast it seems to be that way..

well were considering this discussion with the Borg and Dominion at full strength otherwise it wouldn't be fair

I also found a pretty interesting fact about the planets in ST. To pol (the vulcan from ENT, cant spell her name b/c i am lame, lol) said that 1 in every 43,000 planets have sentient life forms.

I would assume that the Borg would have to search long and hard to assimilate a few more troops.

Lucky for the Dominion, they can clone, lol.

Actually no... the Dominion didn't control the ENTIRE Gamma Quadrant.

Plus... Borgs controlled over 40,000 light year space Delta and around 10,000 in Beta. Interesting how the Dominion never came across the Borgs... considering Beta n Gamma are side by side and so are Delta and Gamma.

^that's very unlikely that they owned all that space - i mean it would take - even with transwarp - a while to get to the other side of the quadrent - and if they had all that space - then i really don't see how sending one cube against the federation - which occupies a large part of the Alpha/Beta quadrent would get them anywhere

Yeah but the transwarp hub is different - it transwarps much faster at fixed points - transwarp the engine that you'd find on Borg Cubes is much slower - otherwise - why would you need the transwarp hub

Not really... remember JANEWAY stole a Transwarp coil from a Sphere and THAT got rid of 15 years of their journey by going 20,000 lightyears [even then they were still in BORG space] in a matter of DAYS at max.

A FED ship from Earth to DS-9 takes over a week.

Now do the math... with TRANSWARP... if even in a WEEK they can travel 20,000 lightyears... that's 80,000 in less than a month. PLUS take into account that VOYAGEr even using the Transwarp coil isn't as fast as a BORG sphere... let alone a CUBE.

You got more that 100,000 light years that they can cover in a month. That's like what !?... 1 ENTIRE Quadrant... n 1/3 of another.

Plus as far as what 7 said... Transwarp hub is more accurate when deploying ships. But whether its faster or something else is just speculation. personally I think the writers thought it would be cool to show it.

Besides... They have transwarp hub so even if it takes them a long time to come BACK it won't take them that long to send reinfocements so having that big a space is no big deal.

Even confusing is that... you can't imagine the BORG to have so much space... yet u think the DOMINION does... when they have just conventional WARP drive... which takes about 75 years to cross 70,000 light years.

Now how does THAT make sense !?