Dominion Vrs. Brog

GhostShadow

I know, this is another thread about two things that would never happen, but hell this whole site is on fake Sci-Fi so, what ever.

I am wonder what would happen if the Dominion Fought the Borg..

As much as ppl might disagree i would think the Dominion could win that fight. And this is why.

The Dominion is very cautious. They would probly study the borg for a while. Learn their strength and weakness. After careful planing, the Dominion would probly send a fleet of Jem Hedar ships to encounter the Borg cube.

While The Borg are saying "We are the borg you will be assimilated, your biological and technological destinctifness will be added to our own" the Jem Hedar would use their supperior transporting technology to beam over Jem Hedar warrioirs and kill every Drone in sight. The Jem Hedar would be using hand to hand combat aginst the Borg so their personal sheilds would not work b/c they can not stop kenetic energy.

Once the Cube was taken over, then Jem Hedar could either capture it so that Vorta Scientists could study it closley to accuire more data on other life forms and report to the founders about the Delta Quad, or The Jem Hedar could destroy it.

Jem Hedar warrioirs could capture it or they could destroy it in a less conventional way. Jem Hedar Destroyers are about the size of the Defient and can easily manuver and dodge the Borg weapons, or some might commite to Kamakazi.

Either way I do not see that the Borg Cube would last long.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Borg would definately win this one. The minute the Borg see the Jem'Hadar transport on their Cube and see them as a threath, they will respond by trying to assimilate the Jem'Hadar, if they (Jem'Hadar) use energy based weapons, the Borg will adapt, if they go hand to hand, the Jem'Hadar will be assimilated and the Borg would get their hands on their entire DNA sequencing.

If the battle goes badly for the Borg, they will simply self-destruct in such a manner that no usable data/Jem'Hadar remains. There is no way the Dominion can win this battle.

Now, if they've got Voyager helping them... that's another story... :cyclops:

imo the Borg defeat anybody in the end in the StarTrek universe, unless they are too alien for them to assimilate, which clearly the Jem'Hadar are not, a founder maybe, but not a Jem'Hadar/Vorta.

I think there is one factor here that would be pivotal to this entire hypothetical conflict.

The Borg would need to SOMEHOW find a way to assimilate founders. Perhaps they could do this with nanos. Can you immagine the POWER of a shape-shifting borg caste? Wow. It would only take one assimilated founder to go back to the great link and get almost every single changeling in one swoop. That would be the end of it; the borg would be truly unstopable excepting maybe the possibility of someone time traveling to a key moment in their evolution and wiping them out.

Given the relentless inexhaustable nature of the Borg, the Dominion would lose, just like the Federation should have lost but didn't. It would only be a matter of time before one founder was assimilated. The rest of the founders would have to either split up or risk total assimilation. Without the great link, the dominion would crumble, since it would be a near impossibility to coordinate them any longer.

hahaha VOY, yea right.

But the Borg wouldnt see tehm as a threat if they do not use Energy based weapons. And it doesnt matter if the Borg Self Destruct that is still a victory for the Dominion.

As soon as the Jem'Hadar would do anything to compromise the Borg security they would get identified as threats I believe, so if they kill/deactivate a Borg that would do it, accessing 'forbidden' data would do it too,....

You are correct I think that it would be victory if the Borg self-destruct, but next time a Borg vessel sees anything resembling the last meeting, they're sure to be more prudent and better addapted for the threat.

I think there is one factor here that would be pivotal to this entire hypothetical conflict.

The Borg would need to SOMEHOW find a way to assimilate founders. Perhaps they could do this with nanos. Can you immagine the POWER of a shape-shifting borg caste? Wow. It would only take one assimilated founder to go back to the great link and get almost every single changeling in one swoop. That would be the end of it; the borg would be truly unstopable excepting maybe the possibility of someone time traveling to a key moment in their evolution and wiping them out.

Given the relentless inexhaustable nature of the Borg, the Dominion would lose, just like the Federation should have lost but didn't. It would only be a matter of time before one founder was assimilated. The rest of the founders would have to either split up or risk total assimilation. Without the great link, the dominion would crumble, since it would be a near impossibility to coordinate them any longer.

What do you mean, The Jem Hedar do not eat, sleep, or dink. They only need white. Jem Hedar are friggin strong, they would use theit weapons (hand weapons, like their sword that they have) and just slash the borg. There is no stopping them. The Dominion could produce more Jem Hedar than the Borg couls assimilate or kill them. And if the Borg Assimilated a Jem Hedar Warrior, it would be no good. The Warrior would die from lack of White.

And i seriously doubt that the Borg could assimilate a founder, they would have to catch one. The Founder could change into a beast and Tear off the arm of the Borg...

hahaha VOY, yea right.

But the Borg wouldnt see tehm as a threat if they do not use Energy based weapons. And it doesnt matter if the Borg Self Destruct that is still a victory for the Dominion.

As soon as the Jem'Hadar would do anything to compromise the Borg security they would get identified as threats I believe, so if they kill/deactivate a Borg that would do it, accessing 'forbidden' data would do it too,....

You are correct I think that it would be victory if the Borg self-destruct, but next time a Borg vessel sees anything resembling the last meeting, they're sure to be more prudent and better addapted for the threat.

They could only adapt to the Dominion if they won. The Jem Hedar are ruthless they would kamakazi into teh Cube rather than let a Borg Assimilate a Founder or go near the Founders home world.

What do you mean' date=' The Jem Hedar do not eat, sleep, or dink. They only need white. Jem Hedar are friggin strong, they would use theit weapons (hand weapons, like their sword that they have) and just slash the borg. There is no stopping them. The Dominion could produce more Jem Hedar than the Borg couls assimilate or kill them. And if the Borg Assimilated a Jem Hedar Warrior, it would be no good. The Warrior would die from lack of White.[/quote']

I don't think the Jem'Hadar would need white anymore once it is assimilated since other assimilated species don't seem to need nourishments anymore either after assimilation. Borg are extremely strong too btw. Don't get confused by the heroïc acts of the crews of Voyager/Enterprise, if it were any other crew, they'd be defeaten...

And i seriously doubt that the Borg could assimilate a founder' date=' they would have to catch one. The Founder could change into a beast and Tear off the arm of the Borg...[/quote']

I don't know if they can assimilate a founder or not, but if they can't, it will be becasue they really can't (to complex/not compatible/whatever/...), not because the founder transforms into some incredible creature. At least, in the end that won't matter, the first few times it might help the founder, but in the end it won't any longer...

They could only adapt to the Dominion if they won. The Jem Hedar are ruthless they would kamakazi into teh Cube rather than let a Borg Assimilate a Founder or go near the Founders home world.

So, basically you are saying that the Borg don't adapt:

since if they only adapt if they are succesfull, then they'll never adapt if the first attempt fails because the next time they will try the exact same thing, because they haven't adapted.

I don't think that is correct reasoning, they will adapt each time, even if they lose, that doesn't mean that they will adapt immediately in such a way that the threat of the Jem'Hadar is nullified, but it does mean that next time the Jem'Hadar vist, they will meet up with stronger resistance, this migth continue up to the point that the resistance becomes to strong and the Jem'Hadar will lose.

Hence my statement: in the end the Borg allways win, unless they can't assimilate the threat.

well, i still dont think that assimilating Jem Hedar will differ the out come. The Dominion would Prevail. The Jem Hedar could be Produced faster than the Borg could get drones.

I may be reaching to far out, but in DS9 The Dominion Made Alpha Quad Jem Hedar that knew the alpha quad better, and where designed for fighting in the Alpha quad. The Dominion Might make a delta quad type in order to better fight the borg.

So, basically you are saying that the Borg don't adapt:

since if they only adapt if they are succesfull, then they'll never adapt if the first attempt fails because the next time they will try the exact same thing, because they haven't adapted.

I don't think that is correct reasoning, they will adapt each time, even if they lose, that doesn't mean that they will adapt immediately in such a way that the threat of the Jem'Hadar is nullified, but it does mean that next time the Jem'Hadar vist, they will meet up with stronger resistance, this migth continue up to the point that the resistance becomes to strong and the Jem'Hadar will lose.

Hence my statement: in the end the Borg allways win, unless they can't assimilate the threat.

Remember 8472, they kept trying the same crap and didnt even think to mod. the nanoprobes.... so i think that they will keep trying to throw mucel agianst the Dominion, which wont work for the Dominion has vast amouts or resources. we dont even know them all since DS9 didnt go into much detail about the Dominion in the gama quad.

Founders? Borg don't need no stinkin founders!

Borg'll burn the cream off their pie planet. What are the horny faced freaks gonna do then? They sure can't stop them.

Their slimy gods will be fried cake batter. Scoop em up and make putty balls out of 'em

The Borg assimilation stuff seems limited to only human or humanoid-like lifeforms... so I doubt they could assimilate the Founders' date=' given they may not even have a genetic structure, much less one that could be modified or assimilated.[/quote']

They do have a genetic structure, because Bashir used Odo to create new organs for wounded soldiers. If it were that alien, there would not be enough similarities to be of use to Bashir it would seem to me.

well, i still dont think that assimilating Jem Hedar will differ the out come. The Dominion would Prevail. The Jem Hedar could be Produced faster than the Borg could get drones.

I may be reaching to far out, but in DS9 The Dominion Made Alpha Quad Jem Hedar that knew the alpha quad better, and where designed for fighting in the Alpha quad. The Dominion Might make a delta quad type in order to better fight the borg.

As I recall, the alpha Jem'Hadar were in fact inferior to the gamma Jem'Hadar, but that could of course have been my personal perception of things...

I do indeed agree that the founders would probably create a new race of Jem'Hadar to conquer the delta quadrant.

The key to defeating the Borg really is quite simple: be unassimilatable and you'll win in the end. If you can be assimilated, you'll loose!

or you can win by being crazy enough to kamakazi your ship into the enemy. And I think that If the Borg and Dominion whent head to head, toe to toe, the Dominion would win.

Look The Federation fleet was whiped out b/c their ships are family, exploring, science ships. The Dominion has War Ships, battel crusiers, destroyers, and crazy jem hedar who are willing to piolt those same ships into the enemy or the borg.

Now this war would take some time, but i think that eventualy the Dominion would Prevail.

They do have a genetic structure, because Bashir used Odo to create new organs for wounded soldiers. If it were that alien, there would not be enough similarities to be of use to Bashir it would seem to me.

I bow to your superior (and quite impressive) knowledge of Star Trek! ^^

Remember 8472' date=' they kept trying the same crap and didnt even think to mod. the nanoprobes.... so i think that they will keep trying to throw mucel agianst the Dominion, which wont work for the Dominion has vast amouts or resources. we dont even know them all since DS9 didnt go into much detail about the Dominion in the gama quad.[/quote']

Yes, but that was becasue it was too advanced/alien in comparison to what they'd ever encountered before, the difference was just too big. In other words: they were unassimilatable and hence would have won!

If you think that the founders could create a race of for example Jem'Hadar and Vorta that was unassimilatable, then they would most certainly win, but I'm not convinced they can do that. They really aren't that smart, they've just been here for such a long time that thay had plenty of time to study things. Furthermore, they are quite complacent. Once they have something that works, they won't try to find something new that works better, at least not to that extend that the Humans would. Therefore I think that given enough time, humans have a better chance of beating the Borg than the Dominion has. But that is another matter.

As things are now, they(Dominion) do stand a better chance of defeating them(Borg), but I don't think they(Dominion)'ve got entirely what it takes to make it through 'till the end.

I understand what you mean about not creating new things, like the blight for instance, they thought that it worked until Bashir found a cure.

I think that the Dominion does have a better chance than the Federation agianst the Borg, the Federation just isnt willing to take it up a notch. They (Federation) wont kamakazi their ships, or put mass amounts of troops to board a cube. But they might have what it takes in terms of Technology. But not the resources that the Dominion has.

I still think its a matter of strength aginst the Borg. like i said, the Dominion has war ships while the Federation has science ships, the Dominion has blood thirsty loyal Jem Hedar, the Federation has ppl in pajamas.

I bow to your superior (and quite impressive) knowledge of Star Trek! ^^

Thanks, LOL, it's a hobby! :D

or you can win by being crazy enough to kamakazi your ship into the enemy. And I think that If the Borg and Dominion whent head to head, toe to toe, the Dominion would win.

Look The Federation fleet was whiped out b/c their ships are family, exploring, science ships. The Dominion has War Ships, battel crusiers, destroyers, and crazy jem hedar who are willing to piolt those same ships into the enemy or the borg.

Now this war would take some time, but i think that eventualy the Dominion would Prevail.

Remeber that this technique(kamikaze) was actually tried and it didn't have a very large effect on the Borg cube because it was so immensely big. You'd need a lot more than a dozen Jem'Hadar vessles to do that, also remeber that the Federation allways only tackled with one cube, if there were to be a real war between the Dominion and the Borg, they'd meet with fleets of tens or hundreds of cubes if the Borg would think that'd be what it'd take.

But again, agreed that the Dominion is a better opponent in the short run, in the long run however I think the Borg will prevail.

I also think that we're not really convincing each other here, now are we... :D

The Borg assimilation stuff seems limited to only human or humanoid-like lifeforms... so I doubt they could assimilate the Founders' date=' given they may not even have a genetic structure, much less one that could be modified or assimilated.[/quote']

Odo has DNA. This tidbit is given to us in the first season of DS9 when he is framed for murder.

With specially designed nanites, you could probably control and therefore assimilate a founder. You can even keep him/her/it from shape shifting with a certain type of radiation. Garak used it to interrogate Odo. These kinds of technologies would no doubt be developed by the Borg. When they find a species they can't assimilate, they don't just give up. This is evidenced in the movie First Contact.