SW Empire vs. Federation/Alpha Quad

philly

My answer Lucan never thought his own plots through plus.

1970s to 80s.

Seriously... if he had made the Eps 4, 5 n 6 now... there wud be so much more cool stuff in it that its not funny.

On the other hand... he'll probably direct them and turn them into a crappile.

I guess I'll stick with the original.

Han Solo's asteroid run in EMPIRE and the final Death star run in JEDI are still 2 of the best hot dogging scenes... ever.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The empire has a stun setting on their weapons Mcant (SW: A New Hope; stormtroopers stunning princess bunhead). Anyway this "laser" technology the Empire have, aren't federation shields completely immune to lasers, as evidenced in several TOS, and TNG episodes. A particle accelerator just seems a much more damaging weapon then a silly laser. A laser shouldn't even be visible yet somehow magically streaks across the screen because SW science is a joke =P.

PS: The federation do have a super weapon...trilithium...the ability to destroy an entire solar system in a massive nova/supernova.

These are TURBO LASERS... like the FEDS Photon Torps... which has nothing to do with Photons. And there ARE laser beams which are visible... a laser sight for example.

n Trilithium itself is not a superweapon... its an element like dilithium which can be used to make a super weapon to take out an entire solar system but trilithium is extremely rare... along with the ST people's ability to make them.

These are TURBO LASERS... like the FEDS Photon Torps... which has nothing to do with Photons.

Curious about the science behind the Turbo laser and how it works. And they do have something do to with photon, it's how the anti matter is detonated. Quantum torpedoes carry the same type antimatter warhead just like photons with a different kind of detonator...quantum torpedoes are much safer and therfore can carry a larger antimatter warhead.

And there ARE laser beams which are visible... a laser sight for example.

The actual beam of a laser is not visible only its point of termination. A laser beam will become visible in smoke however. There is no smoke in space last time i checked, lol.

Always wondered about how the Quantum Torps worked.

Any idea about the Tri and Quad cobalt torps !?

I know how the phased polaron beams work but not the disruptors.

and what about the Borg plasma torps and their energy beams !?

And about laser sights... I wasn't talking smoke... I mean there are some laser sights whose beam can be seen. I remember it 'cause I saw it recently.

any idea about the Tri and Quad cobalt torps !?

Some sources say that the tri and quad cobalt weapons are actually nuclear devices just used for demolition against unshielded targets (as thats all nukes are good for), while in a voyager episode when seven of nine is doing all her crazy conspiracy crap, they talk about them being some kind of sub space weapon or something.

Yea not to mention that the numbers From SW are so staggering it would make you pee your pants. Could you imagine a few million Lite, Medium, Heavy Cruisers, Troop Transports, around 25,000 Star Destroyers.

Per Star Destroyer:

72 TIE Fighters x 25,000 = 1,800,000 Tie Fighters

12 T/I x 25,000 = 300,000 Tie Interceptors

12 T/B x 25,000 = 300,000 Tie Bombers

20 AT-ATs x 25,000 = 500,000 AT-ATs

30 AT-ST x 25,000 = 750,000 AT-STs

9,700 Storm Trooper soldiers x 25,000 = 242,500,000 Storm Troopers

And thats only counting the SD's not including the SSD and scores of other ships....overwhealming to think about it

If they have all that kind of power at their disposal...how did the rebels beat them, even without their silly deathstar the rebels could never have beaten those numbers of star destroyers.

Those who have voted for the Federation / Startrek universe can't be in their right mind. Talking about Federation fighters? Wtf??? Jedi's could wipe the Federation clean without any backup whatsoever - in Starwreck - The Pirkinning they make a fine parody of the 'fierce and powerful' fighting techniques utilized... IMHTG opinion, the federation would be chanceless, the only force that would stand a decent chance would be Q and the Borg - the others are rather pitiful. For instance, Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer would easily smack the entire Federation and the Klingons by itself. As for the Deathstar, I won't even go into that discussion.

Yea not to mention that the numbers From SW are so staggering it would make you pee your pants. Could you imagine a few million Lite, Medium, Heavy Cruisers, Troop Transports, around 25,000 Star Destroyers.

Per Star Destroyer:

72 TIE Fighters x 25,000 = 1,800,000 Tie Fighters

12 T/I x 25,000 = 300,000 Tie Interceptors

12 T/B x 25,000 = 300,000 Tie Bombers

20 AT-ATs x 25,000 = 500,000 AT-ATs

30 AT-ST x 25,000 = 750,000 AT-STs

9,700 Storm Trooper soldiers x 25,000 = 242,500,000 Storm Troopers

And thats only counting the SD's not including the SSD and scores of other ships....overwhealming to think about it

If they have all that kind of power at their disposal...how did the rebels beat them, even without their silly deathstar the rebels could never have beaten those numbers of star destroyers.

First off the they were on the outter rim, with only a handful of star destroyers, (while most were still partroling the inner core planets) second the prophicy of the one was mis-read. The eimpire was fighting two "force-sensitive" ppl and bsides lucas wouldnt have made the series that way cause in the end only "good" guys prevail...

Besides... if u think clearly... the Rebels didn't have a small army either.

They won by clever tactics. They moving their bases... EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is a good example... the Rebels don't stand a chance against the Empire so they run.

n in RETURN OF THE JEDI u can see the entire Rebel Fleet... they themselves are something to be reckoned with.

Heck they themselves could beat the crap outta the FEDS.