SW Empire vs. Federation/Alpha Quad

philly

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well even in the Empire Strikes back, the rebels had shit all in hte way of ships =P...and at most there woulda been 100 mon calamari cruisers against the 25,000 star destroyers. What Star wars never deals with after killing the one insignificant death star is the remaining 25,000 star destroyers. One dude with the force and a handful of capital ships aint gonna kick any imperial arse.

What's also strange about those figures that chief pilly posted on that Troop transport vs Enterprise page...is that a single shot from a troop's transport's main gun would destroy an entire moon, and blow a huge chunk out of an earth size planet, if not also destroying it. Why even bother with a death star =P?

Hehehe... interesting points ma man.

Btw... Read Timothy Zahn's trilogy that takes place after JEDI and is basically considered episode 7 8 n 9 by the fans.

It deals with the issues ur talking about the Imperial Fleet after the Emperor's demise. It's an awesome read... villain is Admiral Thawrn... u might remember him from Tie-Fighter... the cool collective guy with red eyes. I think he has a cameo somewhere in Episode 3... and his name is mentioned few times in the original trilogy.

Plus... it finally shows the secret on HOW Darth Sidious got his powers. The aftermath or creating the New Republic.

Also try getting Jedi Tales... The Sith Lords or something... forgot. Just search for the name Exar Kun... the 1st Sith... 4 thousand years ago. They mention his tomb in Knights of the Old Republic.

That was an awesome read... the old lightsabers.

I think recently George Lucas also announced that all SW material in the books and comics are canon and part of the real SW universe.

Iread those books and a lot of others in the Star Wars franchise and I have to say: that trilogy is the best out there' date=' better than the ones they created the movies out of! Definately worth a recommendation![/quote']

Couldn't have agreed more. Seriously, those books felt more STAR WARS than Eps 1, 2 n 3. For good reasons, Zahn helped Lucas write the story and script for Eps 5 n 6. I think for 6 he wrote the script and the story.

Yes' date=' Zahns books are awesome, and would be a nice movie followup - Thrawn was one of my favourite baddies in my earlier days - eved had Thrawn for a while as a nickname ;)[/quote']

Earlier days !?

C'mon... bro... Thrawn is still 1 of the best baddies out there. I prefer him more than the Emperor. One of those few... pure bad guys... no pity factor like Vader.

He should seriously make either movie or animation outta those. I guess movie won't bepossible but animation would be.

I don't know but a Death Star is very big, and it's core its very deep.. there is no ship in Alpha quad with enough fire power to blow up the Death Star!! (if a DS destroy one or two worlds of UFP, maybe Andor or Vulcan, the Federation will surrender very fast!!!)

Besides... this fight doesn't include the DEATHSTAR.

Plus... does the Deathstar have a hyperdrive or something similar to warpdrive !?... 'cause of NOT... then how the heck did it get near Alderan. I doubt it was created and deployed there.

Or let's say even if it was... how did it get to Dantooine or the Rebel base !?

Are you SERIOUS !!! :o

S H | T !!! That large chunk of mass destructive mayhem has HYPERDRIVE capabilty... AND Duracell powered HEAVY DUTY HIGH CAPACITY shields !!!???

That's it... FEDS are toast.

Btw... Soulreaper... can you give some other stats on the REBELS... their and Empire ships and their stats !?

So that the Trekkies can get an IDEA on what the ST guys are going against.

just look at the official site - all is canon - I don't currently have that art/facts-book in my posession, but trust me; ST's don't have a chance, a cat in Hades would have a greater chance than them *'nuff said*

Btw. a small group of TIE-Defenders would kick anyones butt - anyone playing TIE fighter (the old PC game) know what those little babies can do. As for the Rebels I believe the 2 types of Mon Calamari cruisers are around 600m and 900m and they're very powerful, IIRC, the larger Calamari Cruiser is quite evenly matched against a regular Star Destroyer (1600m), unless of course they'd deploy all their fighters ;) The rest of the rebelforces consist of carriers, and the regular A, B, X, Y -wings, some of those Cruisers seen in the opening of "A New Hope" (SW IV) + additional 'medical ships' like the one that Luke is at in the end of "Empire Strikes Back". As for the Empire and their baddest ships, you've got the Super Super-Star Destroyer (the 10 years after the movie sequel *Dark Empire*) at impressive 16-18Km or so (+ the superlaser it has, and the fact that it's built to RAM anything in its way..), the next biggest would be Executor, the Super Star Destroyer of Darth Vader at impressive 8Km (8000 meters for those who can't count in SI units) beside those, there are the World Devastators at about 1-1,5Km in size which actually consume matter (Mbodies such as planets etc.) and has fully automated factories within that builds the TIE-droid fighters hm what else... oh yeah, there was a ship that had an impregnable hull..hm was that the Sun Crusher? anyway a small ship that appears in one of the books where they reveal the prototype Death Star, and it could pretty much fly right through anything (like a Star Destroyer bridge...read the book!) hm.. and yeah finally, the Galaxy Gun that shoots small missiles that either causes a sun to go supernova or did it obliderate planets? My memmory is somewhat clouded ;) but all that info can be found throughout the official sites.

As I said elsewhere - the length of the Executor is actually EXTREMELY contested... it's been put between 8 and 20km.

The World Devestators were pretty ace and let's face it - the whole Dark Empire comics were a joke because, like all Vtrdgdfgd books, they found the "secret special weakness" in the empire ships etc.

And yes, Sun Crusher - pretty much indestructible.

ohh yes, the Sun Crusher!!!... again ST universe don't have any chance against this kind of super weapons, only with help of Q they can defeat the Empire and this is unlikely 'cause him is going to sit down and enjoy the battle (and maybe he'll say that he create the whole situation only for fun)

This all depends on who can use their tactical advantages best and which of these series uses believable physics.

Firstly SW Empire ships appear to be more powerful and able to travel at hyperspace speeds.

ST ships have regenerative sheilds, could have cloaking devices (Obviously if they are fighting an enemy from a galaxy far far away the treaty with the Romulans doesn't apply) :D , Have transporter technology, have much more sophisticated targeting for weapons, are able to travel at warp for extended periods hyperspace is like a wormhole jump.

Secondly that comparison web sites figures are enormous the sun's output is 386 billion million gigawatts which is only about a billion times what the ship in the example uses in it's light guns. It also means that their reactor has an output of a thousanth of that of the sun. The numbers are too big considering that in star trek they use anti-matter which has a perfect mass to energy conversion.

PS.

The federation could easily get the technology the xindi used for a planet buster weapon and it also has that genesis bomb thingy