Saddam Hussein

synexo

y'know, what the hell, I personally believe it was none of our business in the first place. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. The only reason Bush Jr. went after him was because of his daddy. Since his dad didn't get him, W. had to. kind of like a loyal dog bringing the kill back to his master. I am so disgusted. The Iraqi people should have handled it, not us. If Bush started treating us like Saddam treated his people, then I would expect American citizens to dispatch him. WE ARE NOT THE POLICE OF THE WORLD! Saddam is a horrible person, I would like to see him pay for his crimes, but if they kill him the Iraqi's will only make a martyr out of him. Obviously somebody likes him or we would have won this war by now, a war with no possible end in site. It's going to end up exactly like Vietnam ended up, right back in the hands of evil men...unfortunately. I don't see why they don't have him on trial here in the U.S. They'll never be able to hold a proper trial in Iraq. What a mess!

He is definatly Guilty for a lot of horrors on his people....

...but i think he has been unlawfully removed from office.

He was officially elected. ( Being the only contender for President)

Someone could argue that dictatorial Commander Cheif Bush is responsible for

the deaths in the Iraq conflict...

.. but his defence would be that

"...it is War...and they are casualties of War."

He is definatly Guilty for a lot of horrors on his people....

...but i think he has been unlawfully removed from office.

He was officially elected. ( Being the only contender for President)

Someone could argue that dictatorial Commander Cheif Bush is responsible for

the deaths in the Iraq conflict...

.. but his defence would be that

"...it is War...and they are casualties of War."

I dont actually think the kuwaiti's would agree and i am sure that sadam has broken certain U.N laws

Its a big show trail. The big problem is that if they execute him it may de-stablise Iraq even more.......is thats possible!

This war should not of been.......America should of just kept on bombing supsect nuclear processing plants and left it at that.

*notes that sometimes the best patriots are the ones that decide their country is not behaving as it should be and stand up against it...*

That is one hell of a good quote. Too bad these "best patriots" tend not to attract too much positive attention from a media heavy with right wing, neo-con commentators.

**** 'em all.

Including So-damned-insane.

"..but i think he has been unlawfully removed from office.

He was officially elected. ( Being the only contender for President) "

hehe i wonder what happened to the other contenders.:P

this wont count as elected .. in fact any country with one or two political parties has no chance of democracy. democracy actually means rotation of power and is being used by some of worlds power

such as :UN security council(non-permanent members rotate,and presidency too- some reserves here)

European Union(presidency of the Union rotates every 6 months to a new country)

maybe more..

also election only counts if the right to vote is nominal(per each person) and not under threat/manipulation.

also democracy in modern sense implies separation of power .legislative-executive-judiciary

countries where same person(or party) holds more than 1 of those powers are fake democracies.

Its a big show trail. The big problem is that if they execute him it may de-stablise Iraq even more.......is thats possible!

This war should not of been.......America should of just kept on bombing supsect nuclear processing plants and left it at that.

Considering that AMERICA is the only country in the world that has actually and deliberately used nuclear bombs against civilian targets(HIROSHIMA-NAGASAKI)-----

HOW ABOUT CONTINOUSELY BOMBING AMERICA'S NUCLEAR PROCSSING PLANTS?

Chiggy--You have something to say now???????????????????????????

No one has the power to give anyone life. So we cannot and SHOULD not give him the death penalty. Killing him will make him a martyr in some people's eyes in the future. WHy do you think Hitler shot himself rather than be captured?

Saddam is guilty of many serious crimes. He should rot in prison.

Oh, no doubt Saddam Hussein is guilty of both crimes against his own people and international war crimes. But calling rabidly for his death robs us of the chance to truly have a trial- both for the Iraqi people and for the world.

This is the reason to have an international criminal court- to truly have accountability before the world community.

I also think that a trial of Saddam Hussein, held by an international body, would be highly revelatory regarding the means by which he gained and held power. I would love for my own country, the United States, to have to answer for our imperial chess game with the Middle East.

Seeing as we are on a sci-fi message board, the analogy would be this- Saddam is the ruthless Trade Federation, where Darth Sidious would be the Reagan Administration.

George W. Bush has got to be Jar-Jar Binks somehow...

Saddam is Gulity and deserves prison. Hell, he was a CIA operative funded by our government (US): we pulled his strings, gave him a green light to invade two countries (with weapons we gave him), and then left him to claim soul responsibility for the entire mess. While we (the UN) literally starve and erode Iraq's entire nation and population for a century, he becomes the fall guy. Remember though, their are twenty years of legislators, diplomats, and conspirators whos time is (hopefully)comming to an end. Soon our actors will take the fall while the powerful behind the scenes (manipulating many) go unscathed. Many are being played like a fiddle and the drum beats on.