Voyager opinions :)

renonevada

I'm in a bit of a Trek withdrawl but I never was a fan of Voyager. I was wondering if it got better in the later years after 7 of 9 came on. I stopped and finally got pissed at the series when every episode after they found her they were miraculously saved in the last seconds by something only she could have known. So yeah, after they finished making her an integral character did the show get better?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... depends on your view... personally... 45% of VOY was total rubbish.

So I never DL ed them... though I watched thm on TV.

But... the show went more like this

Season 1 --- From good - bad

Season 2 --- From Good to Good

Season 3 --- Averege to total awesomeness

Season 4 --- Awesomeness to Good

Season 5 --- Very good to Very good

Season 6 --- Good to average

Season 7 --- average to total crap

OMG! Another thread about Voyager. You guys do this just to drive me insane...don't you?!? ;)

IMHO: Best of all the Trek shows!

c4 B)

DS9 is the best Trek series but it's only JUST better than Voyager.

Voyager was very very very good! - Season 4 (Season 3 finale included ;) ) was just pure amazingness!!! ( i know - not a word but Voyager was a great series!)

^^Right....

Neways, there was moments in VOY series' that was undoubtly some of the best episodes of the ST series. On the other hand there was a LOT of stuff that sucked, and totally wanted me to rip out my eyes after watching it. The series was an interesting one, but alot of the story lines were complete bs( don't get me wrong in other series' some of the story lines were bs too :) ) but VOY just seemed to have one bs episode after another.

But thats just my Opinion....

FEW !!??

Dude... 45% of it is CRAP... that's NOT good. I dled VOYAGER... n a lot of my friends who hasn't seen it before were like... "dude that's Star Trek... n this 1 is REALLY baD"

I got rid of the totally pointless... and bad episodes... and guess what... it was about 76 of them.

76 outta 175 eps.

That's a BAD show.

DS-9... has about 25% of bad episodes... TNG... well... TNG just feels boring but none of the episodes themselves are bad.

Well 45% is your opinion - ok i suppose i would say, thinking about it, that Voyager had around 40 bad eps then. But a lot of it very good.

TNG is only good from seasons 4 + (with the exception of eps like Yesterdays Enterprise and Best of Both Worlds Part 1)

DS9 is really all good - with only a few eps scattered through out the whole series that class as bad.

i did not watch DS9 and i dont have enough bandwidth to download them :)

i barely able to uplad my rips :)

i wish i can see them, may be one of the things atmy wish list will be that someone send the DS9 seasons to me :D

have fun

snake_eyes

I think TFMF is right sorta.. DS9 was one of the best, but i like TNG...

Come home from a long day of school, get a pop outa the fridge, and toss on an eps of TNG/DS9 and i am all better... (thats how my day goes)

Come home from a long day of school. get a pop outa the fridge, and toss on an eps of Voyager and i puke... lol (this is what i do to get out of school, i watch VOY to puke, j/k lmao)

For me, I'm often torn between enjoying TNG and Voyager the most, but I think Voyager slightly bumps above TNG. I can't put my finger on why, but I absolutely HATE DS9. I just HATED it when it was originally on, and I would FORCE myself to try and watch it, and I'd just get angry at myself for watching it, but it was the only sci-fi I could watch since I didn't have cable. I think I really just pretty much HATED most of the main characters on DS9. My "dream" episode of DS9 is that Worf would do a fly-by and BLAST DS9 into dust! ;-)

I would agree that the only good thing about DS9 was Worf - YUM!!!! ;-)

I haven't seen any DS9 since it was originally aired, so maybe I should download it and give it another try. However, the first time I tried brussel sprouts I hated them too, and I don't think they'd taste any better now. Anywho...

DID YOU SEE THE DOMINION WAR???!!!! IF YOU HAVENT THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT AND I URGE YOU TO DL IT NOW!!!

The Dominion war was awsome! Every super power was in it. I Dont understand how you can hate that..

I understand how you feel though. When it first aired on T.V. i was like " this is crap" and turned on some HBO. I was like " a person who can change form? and a space station... wtf are the writers somking..??". but I gave it another Chance and i loved it ever sicne and now its one of my fav.

So i really do suggest that you re-watch it.

well, if you ask me its good for watching from 4th season on - when worf comes on DS9. its much more fun :) and you can see why/how dominion war acctually started.

just ignore bashir and you will be ok ;)

(just couldnt resist; ok that was a joke - I dont need some bashir lover to rant over me:))

Ok... the REASONS... why ppl consider VOY bad.

1) No major character died... if you disagree... feel free to prove me wrong. Good luck 'cause I've seen the series 3 times. Lastly... KES doesn't count 'cause she grew old... and LEFT Voyager.

3) Practically no character developement. The Doc falls for a lady everytime someone comes along. If Tuvok gets close... you know its not gonna lead anywhere. If Chekotay gets close... same result just different dialogues. If Janeway got close... the guy would most assuredly turn out to be a jackass. On the plus side... whtever character developement DID take place... took outta nowhere n within a span of 1 episode = 45 mins

4) TFMF said there were only 40 Bad episodes... seriously dude... you don't wanna go there 'cause I've had to watch the all the episode and read the synopsis to keep thm in the my collection n put them under "BAD". I can post the list and u'll notice it IS around 76+ episodes.

5) The Re-set theory that Tenebrae argues... it IS true... perfect examples are some of the main episodes.

They discover super warp drive... but wait... its the fake ship. Status Quo maintained.

Quantum Slipstream drive achieved... but no wait can't duplicate that.

ImPROVED Quantum Slipstream drive... but ooops... VOY got destroyed. Never Fear Buster Kinkaid... I mean Harry Kim to the rescure... older but not wiser and they r still stuck where they were. Status Quo remains.

the KRENIM... oh don't get me started on that episode... one of the coolest n best episode of VOY with one of the crappiest ending.

I can go on like this for hours. I'll admit some of these were good episodes but that doesn't change the fact that there were no cotinuity.

Sooo... yeah... if you cut out the fat and leave the muscles like Scorpion... The showdown with the Kazon... Equinox... and the good fillers like Message in a Bottle... Captain Proton eps and Tinker Teno doctor Spy etc. Yeah... VOY is one of the coolest.

Sadly... some people choose to ingore the good ones... some choose to ignore the bad ones. I myself... prefer that it is a good series n I LOVE it... and if others don't... watch the good episodes... why bother with the bad ones !?

About DS-9... I have to agree with RUBUS AND my buddy GHOTSHADOW... both.

When I 1st watched DS-9... I loathed it... then they started showing VOY n I never bother checking it out. Even sadder 'cause in MALAYSIA they started both at the same time.

Then... they started B-5 [babylon 5]. Now THAT was a series I hooked on from the beginning n saw the entire thing.

LATER whn a frnd of mine told me that DS-9 is about the famous DOMINION WAR I got interested. Then when he added its very B-5 "inspired". I had to watch it and u know what. I'm glad.

It may not be as TREKKIE as VOYAGER but its funnier and KICKASS !!!

Btw... Season 1 n 2 of DS-9 IS some of the WORST Trek I've seen.