The Tripods

bmnyah11

• 4 weeks later...

Tripods was ok. Its a pity the BBC never saw fit to make the final part of the trilogy, typical treatment of sci fi shows really:(

The first season was far superior to the second tho really; series 2 did kinda descend into camp parody with lots of inuendo....... They still shoulda made the final part though. :GGGGRRRRRRRR:

• 2 weeks later...

Basically (very) its alien domination, using selected humans as agents to do there dirty work. a bit like Nazis using a select class of jews to feed the concentation camp furnaces.

Have to say the John Christophers books were very cool, I found the series a bit slow in some ways.

Go to Cult at the BBC, sums it up well.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched The Tripods (Seasons 1 and 2) episodes and thought they were great! So much so that we have ordered the books (and yes, I'm sure the books are better - they can explain more what people (and things) are thinking). It is a shame The Powers That Be didn't do the third book - kind of left us in the lurch... I hated it when I finished watching the last episode and there were no more... All in all, I think the Brits did a good job on this series!