annoying words

maverick

some word get right on my nerves and should be deleted from the engish and possibly all language.

but not just the words but also their consequences and never.....ever....replaced.

words like rent, or bush - there are plenty of trees around to replace them.

and a personal fave word i hate. quibble. YUK! horrible word.

anyone else got one.

I come to think about commercials and the words they (ab)use... :mad:

for FREE (if you buy something first).

BEST buy (for the seller).

NEW improved (same product but new package and higher price).

MORE value (more product for even more money).

INDEPENDENT laboratory (we pay them to test our product and expect good results).

I could go on and on, but there are only so many words in the dictionary...

And the words LICENS and AGREEMENT (no explanation needed)

Ive got an annoying word......"BASICALLY".......often used by techno-phobes before they are about to explain anything in some vain attempt to make them look intelligent.

Basically gets my vote every time........because the reality is the explanations arent basic at all you just sound like an arse using the word!

"dude" - generally, people who use this word use it far too often.

"wassabi" - if words had genitals, this one would get a swift kick in the nuts.

"wazzap" - see above.

"Mister" - whenever someone calls me this, I know they want money.

"liberal" - this word is a mental trap! don't fall for it, they're just trying to trick you!

"conservative" - see above.

"issued" - another way of saying a person or group used their power to force something on another person or group. issued a statement. issued a ban on blah. issued a traffic ticket, etc.

"revoke" - also requires power and force to be applied.

"uber" - see my entry for 'wassabi'.

"ebonics" - was the guy who coined this word trying to legitimize poor english or just be racist or both? This word most definately should not exist.

"metrosexual" - the level of daily application of this word in an area has a direct relationship to the ammount of people per square mile. coincidentally, so do a lot of mental dissorders.

fag - a very mean, hurtful word. unless you're british, in which case: it's a ciggarete, you dorks! :rolleyes:

"breeders" - oh for the love of... come on.

That's all I can think of right now.

erm has to be women saying "what ever"...grrrrrrrrrh

Well said.........but thats more that one word.

Actually, said that way, "whatever," is one word. ;)

The topic is: annoying words, which ones get your goat ay?

Note words & which ones is used in the topic title...so it's OK to list more than one word.

c4 B)

Men saying "I'll call you..."

c4 :(

LOL...Women saying: "I just want to be friends..."

Hahaha...but that's usually the truth at least.

The check's in the mail.

c4 :p

Ok now its ok to have sentances.........

Women who say 'I want a professional man'. Which in reality means they just want a man for money.

These little gold diggers get on my nerves so much I'd force them to physically eat my wallet and all its contents.........that would teach em!

But I guess if your still young you probably of had the misfortune of meeting these parasites.

P.S. BASICALLY is still the clear winner here in my opinion.

Ok now its ok to have sentances.........

Women who say 'I want a professional man'. Which in reality means they just want a man for money.

These little gold diggers get on my nerves so much I'd force them to physically eat my wallet and all its contents.........that would teach em!

But I guess if your still young you probably of had the misfortune of meeting these parasites.

P.S. BASICALLY is still the clear winner here in my opinion.

Wow! Sounds like you got "TAKEN"...

c4 B)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Still, it's good to have your wits about you all the same.

Tip for guys: When you finish with a love-glove, put a little tabasco sauce in it. It will prevent the possibility of your partner from hijacking your "little guys". A.) It kills them, and B.) If she tries anything, you'll hear her scream in pain and you'll know it's time to move on. Harsh, I know, but so is stealing my "little men".

Annoying words: "I love you", when you know it's not true.

Tip for guys: When you finish with a love-glove' date=' put a little tabasco sauce in it. It will prevent the possibility of your partner from hijacking your "little guys". [/quote']

This is the first I've heard of this kind of theft, but don't you worry, pretty soon they'll be able to clone you instead. ;)

Back to annoying words . . .

All things considered, and with all our ducks in a row . . . :rolleyes:

Tip for guys: When you finish with a love-glove, put a little tabasco sauce in it. It will prevent the possibility of your partner from hijacking your "little guys". A.) It kills them, and B.) If she tries anything, you'll hear her scream in pain and you'll know it's time to move on. Harsh, I know, but so is stealing my "little men".

Wow, how do you keep a botle of tabasco in your wallet?

Wow' date=' how do you keep a botle of tabasco in your wallet?[/quote']

Just get a few of those really really tiny ones. They aren't very hard to conceal and you can keep them in a few different locations as well as on your person. The added bonus is that if one is discovered you've got more, also you can pass it off as you just like some spice occaisionally, plus there's always the question of why she's snooping.

Back on topic:

"that's so sweet" - Translation: "I find you pitiable.".