ONE SHOT - Favorite TREK Episode?

DRMidnite

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes sense to have stronger Two Part Episodes - arent there the common origins with producers/writers which split up and then babylon5 an ds9 come to life separately? I know somebody was talkig about that on forum, I just dont remember where..

DS9 has far stronger Two Part Episodes than any of the other Trek series in my opinion. (Of course thats just mine and means nothing :) ).

I also agree - but of course DS9 had much longer story arcs as well - Way of the Warrior may have been a 2 parter - but basically that whole season was one big episode - with a few episode fillers of course... But this is one of the reasons i liked DS9 so much better than Voyager - these long story arcs were always great! (of course Year of Hell is amazing to so it still gets my vote :rolleyes:)

DS9 has far stronger Two Part Episodes than any of the other Trek series in my opinion. (Of course thats just mine and means nothing :) ).

I also agree - but of course DS9 had much longer story arcs as well - Way of the Warrior may have been a 2 parter - but basically that whole season was one big episode - with a few episode fillers of course... But this is one of the reasons i liked DS9 so much better than Voyager - these long story arcs were always great! (of course Year of Hell is amazing to so it still gets my vote :rolleyes:)

Overall ds9 had good two parters (Only I dont really like are that Maquis one and the one with the bell guy where sisko takes his place). However Voyager had great ones too such as Year of Hell, Scorpian, Dark Frontier, and workforce especially. Then again it had some dull ones like the one in seaso seven with the hirogen. Deep Space Nine really did benifit from the continuing story arcs though and that really gave it an advantage.

Well, then there is yet another of that same opinion, Marcroft...ME.

I will have to agree also, DS9 goes deep with its Two part Eps. Like dont get me wronge TNG was good at it too, but since DS9 is more like a 'soap-opera' you can connect easier, imho.

Overall ds9 had good two parters (Only I dont really like are that Maquis one and the one with the bell guy where sisko takes his place). However Voyager had great ones too such as Year of Hell, Scorpian, Dark Frontier, and workforce especially. Then again it had some dull ones like the one in seaso seven with the hirogen. Deep Space Nine really did benifit from the continuing story arcs though and that really gave it an advantage.

That Maquis episode though was a blatant plug so that Voyager had some back story - The writers did the same thing with 7th Season of The Next Generation (Maquis episode that is).

Past Tense for me is just stepped in actual History - with regards to the Ghost, Dimmes etc. I remember telling my history teacher about this episode = but when I brought it in to class we couldn't watch it because it had a PG rating - and he required parents permission. That so made me laugh.

I remember being shocked when DS9 aired the first ever three part episode - ST: DS9 S2 - THe Home Coming, The Circle, The Siege. I thought those were a fantastic opening for Season 2.

For me though - personally I think that the weakest two parter was HomeFront and Paradise Lost (ST:DS9 S4). I still enjoyed it, but not certain if that should have been a two parter.

Now what should have been a two parter was the Siege of AR558 (ST: DS9 S7). However, it was not to be.

• 3 months later...
My fav. is DS9' date=' Season 3, "Improblable cause" / "the Die is cast". thoes are the eps that Garak is in and the Romulan and Cadassian Fleet attack the Founders home world.[/quote']

I agree, those were some of the best episodes...

Weirdly for me its a TNG episode; TNG is my least favorite series, so its odd.

My all time favorite episodes is the one were Q takes Picard back through how his life would have been if he hadnt picked a fight and gotten stabbed in the heart. Classic stuff :)

Weirdly for me its a TNG episode; TNG is my least favorite series, so its odd.

My all time favorite episodes is the one were Q takes Picard back through how his life would have been if he hadnt picked a fight and gotten stabbed in the heart. Classic stuff :)

Tapestry!!

classic.

Q "is there a Gene Luck Pickard here??"

favorite?? One shot.. (this feels like an Eminem song .. speaking of which, has anyone heard Weird Al's song "Couch Potato"? Classic!) ... hmmm... arrgh... (Personal inner turmoil).... uh...

how about... nah.. em... maybe...

well, Emissary from DS9 has the best first 5 minutes of any show...

but i guess ill go with "Timeless" where Harry Kim travels back in time to save Voyager from a mistake he made. It starts with Voyager under ice. Really well done. I actually probably have a different favoritwe but this is what i thought of... one shot!