Stargate Atlantis - 2x16

mateya

Voyager never got good :P

And really, I think that Atlantis has already put on a strong performance for a 2nd season.

Certainly stronger than VOY or DS9... TNG I think was pretty solid from the start... but the idea that a show has to get to the 4th season to get good seems to be - and should remain - peculiar to Trek. It's a laughable notion. If a show is well written it can be good from episode 1.

Just look at Lost.

for sga I can say that the 1st season was better imho. but there are some good eps in 2nd season I admit.. but 216 not really one of them tho.. I wonder if we will ever meet this alien civilization again later - just an excuse for weir kicking major(s) butt I suppose :)

I think it was bit of dull episode but only because the rest of the season has had some very good episodes for season 2... Only problem with Star Gate SG1/Atlan series are they keep building onto new enermies. First the Gou'ald and then for both series they have the enermies for the "Aceints".... how many enermies can a super power race who spread human life have?

Stargate is starting to remind me of the old Dragon Ball Z cartoons. As soon as the good guys finally kill one bad guy, another even more super powered bad guy steps in. Then Another even MORE unbelievablly super powered guy comes in, etc.

If they keep up the Gou'ald > Replicator > Wraith > Ori pattern up for 9 more seasons, the Tau'ri will be training in 100x gravity prepairing to fight all of the ascended Ancients, The Asgard, the Tokra, and all the other super advanced races.

I wish that the writers would stop trying to appeal to the lowest common denomenator in the TV viewing public, and go back to the shows roots, and make it more about modern day humans exploring the galaxy, and bridging the gap between ancient gods, and outer spaciness.