When Will a corporation start EU-wide TV braodcasting?

theaveng

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the culture diversity of europe - its so refreshing; just go across the border and youre somewhere else entirely. nobody understans your language and the food is an experiment :)

if thats the way you feel about dining i'd be happy to cook for yo any time.

I like the culture diversity of europe - its so refreshing; just go across the border and youre somewhere else entirely. nobody understans your language and the food is an experiment :)

Ill eat that goat head in your avatar if you make it by some old european recipe ;)

Ill eat that goat head in your avatar if you make it by some old european recipe ;)

sounds fine. see you at my place for 7 - you can bring the wine ;)

sounds fine. see you at my place for 7 - you can bring the wine ;)

or come here theres a local fish and chips shop that does some cracking chips and kerbabs hehe

Hmmm. I keep viewing the EU as the US circa 1790. Many states. Many languages (english/german/dutch/spanish).

But after about 50 years, they melded into one whole culture.

I also vaguely remeber that it required a darned bloody civil war for the US to become united...

That is correct. The U.S. had been 13 states originally with many languages. Over time the minor languages faded away into just ONE language - English. And the ~25 states had melded into two distinct cultures - Industrialized vs. Agricultural. The North wanted to industrialized the whole nation & the South refused to change. Progress vs. Old Values.

Of course the Industrial culture won.

Now since Europe is already an industrial culture, there's really no "sides". Europe is many languages, but still effectively one industrial culture. (I know someone will disagree, but you have to admit.... a Briton has more in common with a distant Polish citizen, than he does with an Arab or Asian or African).

I predict that during the next 50 years, the EU politicians will slowly but surely grab for power. The leaders of the various states will be neutered of all international power... similar to U.S. governors... and the EU government will pass laws that apply to the whole of Europe, regardless of borders. Plus the EU will make decisions about foreign policy (like whether or not to send soldiers to Iran)

There will be a power grab by the EU, and that will effectively unite the continent under one single unit.