A for Andromeda (60s British AI sci fi)

underscore

Yeah this post has a few purposes.

I suppose someone somewhere reading this will never have heard of this series before, which was broadcast before i was born (1960s UK) and was thoughtfully trashed by the BBC so that none of it exists anymore.................... and the chances of it coming back are slim to say the least, despite a few very persistent rumours that one episode did surface but exists in private hands / claws now.

Firstly I was wonderin if anyone knows of a definitive list of all surviving footage, pictures and audio from this long lost classic?

Also I wanted to start a thread where anyone remotely interested in this series could share their thoughts about it.

Do we even have any elders here who actually witnessed this series when it was transmited??

If your still reading this is reckoned to be what quatermass was to the 50s to the 60s........... ooooooooooooh i'd like to see this series!!!!!!!

Assuming that information is true I wonder why the second season was not released on VHS ?

I know it is a very unknown series and it is only its second series that exists so it may not be worth it in the BBC's eyes to release it...allthough a DVD release might be nice along with existing clips. But I guess from there point of view there marketing a 40 odd year sci-fi series that nobody really knows about, its not even Quatermass popular...seems a shame though, if I am right as it sounds rather innovative and interesting.

Hey, a bit of interest at last!!!

In fact, nearly all of the 7th episode of the first series exists, you can view it on the bfi website, if you get a special educational lisence.

There was apparently an Italian remake of the first series... Nobody ive come accross has seen it, or even knows if it still exists. It would certainly make a nice release though. I just finished reading the novelisation and that was f~$£%^*£%^*cking amazing!!!!