Movie blackout for P2P networks?

the6ofpopes

Well after reading that article I think that the MPAA has a LONG HARD road ahead of them! Every time a new copyright protection comes out, seventeen new ways to crack it are usually not far behind. And I think that even if they get that new system up and running, it's going to take YEARS before it makes a dent.

My ip company is trying this now. I've had resticted access already. My speeds have been reduced by 20-30% since I started with a BT client. I've changed my ports every week. I still have the same problems. So a word to the wise. If you live in SO Ontario Canada do not use cogeco cable. They are pricks.

My ip company is trying this now. I've had resticted access already. My speeds have been reduced by 20-30% since I started with a BT client. I've changed my ports every week. I still have the same problems. So a word to the wise. If you live in SO Ontario Canada do not use cogeco cable. They are pricks.

Try going to Bell, my Sympatico service rocks.

I'll never go cable for Internet, I'd eat pigs testicles first!!

If you can change your IP that might help, does it change if you shutoff the modem for a couple minutes? if not change your MAC address that usually forces a new IP from your provider.

Try going to Bell, my Sympatico service rocks.

I'll never go cable for Internet, I'd eat pigs testicles first!!

If you can change your IP that might help, does it change if you shutoff the modem for a couple minutes? if not change your MAC address that usually forces a new IP from your provider.

My service is free. I have a line running from my managers place. My other line is a T3 direct connection to schools mainframe. It's unfortunate that I can't use my T3 for surfing & DLing.

The MPAA is crafting a new weapon of mass destruction for us BTers & regular P2Pers.

I thought it was pretty funny to be honest & when you realize they need ISP's to comply for it to even get started it's all the funnier.

I'd like to see them try it if everybody RARs their files first! On Friday I was reading about steganography, the ability to hide information in a vile - the digital watermarking. It turns out that if the MPAA resorts to that, they may be able to trace AVI files to their original source. I can see it now:

Agent: "I've got good news and bad news"

MPAA flunky: "What's the good news?"

Agent: "We've traced the pirated video back to its source."

MPAA flunky: "Great! When can we prosecute?"

Agent: "The source was Blockbuster, Inc. That's the bad news."

MPAA flunky: "Oh."