Should the world unite under one all powerful government?

06casswp

Hail Hittler!!! :p

no way man, the star trek earth gov only worked cause there no money involved.....

i wanna see how many gov worker will still work if they didn't get paid, or had to do an honest days work then be political !!! :)

i don't think mojrity would bother!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A United States of Earth?

The major issue here is distribution of wealth and frankly I can't see a solution to that. Imagine the wealthy industrialized nations giving away >50% of it's GNP to the poor 3rd world nations. Instead of making $30000/year you'll have to settle with $10000-$15000 or even less.

Personally I'm not ready to give away my current standard of living without a fight.

Another approach would be the elimination of currency, but how would that motivate anybody to 'earn' a living?

Still I dream that one day the Earth will unite and there are no wars, so a voted: Yes.

I'd be willing to give 50% of my $30someodd K/year to third world nations as long as everybody else was also doing so. And I'd be willing to 'fight' against anybody who wouldn't give their share.

a world with no finacial reward is not gonna happen but a world with enlightened capitalism can work

all it needs is for greed to go down and compassion to go up

instead of throwing food away send it to the poorer countries free

gotta be as cheap as disposing of it

alas that would mean people like bill gates being less well off

and people like me being richer

yup yup i'm for that

As for motivation to work' date=' are you saying your only motivation is money? If so, you have my sympathy.[/quote']

Thanks, I needed that. :)

The sad truth is I work only for the money, since I haven't got the dream job I wished for. Many of my friend hates their jobs, but still they go to work and I know that their motivation is the money.

Ah, someone coined a phrase to cover this situation--you've got golden handcuffs. You make money, but you feel like you're in chains.

I'm always looking for a better job. Hopefully I'll find a part time job (25-30h/week) that I love and pays well enough so I can save a little each month. I value my free time above all.

That's what I need, but my problem is that I don't get enough hours or enough pay even to get by. I do like what I do, however. It's such a ridiculous trade-off. I just keep thinking that there has to be a better way to live.

I'd be willing to give 50% of my $30someodd K/year to third world nations as long as everybody else was also doing so. And I'd be willing to 'fight' against anybody who wouldn't give their share.

Short-term thinking.

Let me put it in another way... :thinking:

The living standard you have today is based on your income. And to maintain that standard in the long-term you would need to work twice as much; 16h+/day. (50%)

The bitter truth is that if the wealth is distributed equally to the entier population of the World, you would propably need to settle with 10% or even as little as 5%. The difference in wealth is that huge between the wealthy (you, me) and the poor (ppl in the 3rd world nations).

Now you might be satisfied with what you have today, but imagine what life was a century ago and that's what you really would have today if the world was equal. No TV, no computer, no car, no luxuries, no water, no electricity, maybe a decent meal and housing, and a lot more would be the the standard if compared with the standard a century ago.

From a historic perspective I think the world is heading towards more equallity, but so far only in the industrialized nations. And this is maintained by keeping the 3rd world nations poor. :(

This is forum topic # 6666

Doesn't the Bible say that the attempted formation of a one world gonvernment (or was that New World Order) would be a sign that the anti-christ is amoungst us?

oh yeah. Shiva the destroyer/restorer has spoken ;)

Would you look at that....

This is forum topic # 6666

Doesn't the Bible say that the attempted formation of a one world gonvernment (or was that New World Order) would be a sign that the anti-christ is amoungst us?

I bet you when the YES votes reach 6666 it will be true. ;)

And maybe a new poll: Who's the mystery anti-christ among us? :cyclops:

I believe that was Hitler's ultimate plan, and the reason some religions believe the antichrist has already arrived.

But, no, the last time I checked, it wasn't me.