DivX DVD Players

NiteShdw

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips DVP642/37

Torrents that are made with DivX 3, 4, or 5 & MP3 audio work best. Will also play XviD, but you have to tap the system button on the remote 2 times while the file is playing to get the colors to show correctly, sometimes.

Things to watch out for in torrents:

S(GMC)-VOP......Just Say No!

Quarterpixel (QPel).......Just Say No!

WMA Audio.....Just Say No!

If your torrent contains any of the above, the AVI File will not play properly. Usually, you'll recieve an error message:

........."WARNING: Bad CODEC" or something similar.

:thinking:

Phillips 642/37, latest f/w upgrade 1109.

DivX with MP3 seems to work best. No sound if WMA encoding is used. Lots of Xvid encodes seem to lose audio/visual sync, by up to a few seconds. Sometimes that can be fixed by reversing for a second and restarting. Other times that doesn't work.

175 MB episodes look OK, the subtitles are readable (for Xindi speech), but clearly distorted. 350 MB episodes are very nearly DVD quality on a regular old 27" TV set. I'm sure if I had a modern HDTV I could see a difference.

It's pretty good, but it doesn't have all the bugs out yet (or it could handle everything the WinAmp does and it wouldn't let the audio get out of sync).

I'm learning to transcode episodes from Xvid to DivX just to keep it happy. It's worth doing, IMHO.

Oh, I haven't played any data DVDs with AVI files on it yet, just CDs.

i have the same thing the other two distinguished gentlemen have and i couldnt be happier. well, i could if it played nicer with xvid.though i've only had two files that were completely unwatchable. great player, great price, and you can get it at walmart. what's better then that? ;)

i have the same thing the other two distinguished gentlemen have and i couldnt be happier. well' date=' i could if it played nicer with xvid.though i've only had two files that were completely unwatchable. great player, great price, and you can get it at walmart. what's better then that? ;)[/quote']

I've got my fingers & toes crossed that the XviD probs can be fixed by new firmware!!

:cyclops:

i'm wondering if it not just an issue with an older xvid used in the encoding process.

but i'm with you on the the hopes for the firmware updates.

I don't know how true this is, but I read online somewhere that if you hit the pause key 3 times, it will resynch the audio with the video!

:o

......I haven't tried it yet, though.

:stare:

works for what?

i'm just wondering how pushing a button can have any effect on the sync. i mean that is pretty hard to believe.

If the AVI file you're playing has messed up colors, you tap the system button on the remote 2 times while the file is playing, and the colors are fixed!!

.....Try it!! It works!

:D