DivX DVD Players

NiteShdw

SEG Digital DVX 572 (German Product)

Price: About 60€. Should play: DVD, DivX, VCD, mp3, JPEG. All CD- and DVD-formats can be read. Progressive Scan is also supported.

Tested so far:

plays: DVD, DivX, mp3

seems to play: Xvid, but I don't know to what degree - "Starwreck" worked perfectly.

Doesn't play: mp4-Files, sound in ENT Season 3 (after I recoded it everything is fine now)

Apparently it doesn't like discs burned in several sessions. And when you fastforward or reverse, then the very lowest line sometimes get's messed up (DivX only).

So far I am pretty happy with it. DVD quality is pretty good for that price.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if such a player even exists' date=' but is there a hardware player out there (such as the Philips 642) that will play the Voyager .mp4 files...anybody download the 170mb Voyager seasons and have them work on an external hardware player??[/quote']

Yes some newer players support Nero mp4. Also newer versions of the MTK chip are coming out that support xvid features more.

I also had some trouble with color pixelating on some dl's but with the Phillipsdvp642 u can use remote control to go to system menu;video setup;tvstandard>change ntsc to multi,or vice versa and it will recover ---and play nicely. Try that Von Helton see if it helps and let me know--have a nice Holiday all---:)

and oh yes DaftUnion---I believe I had the same problem with the voyager 4 170's --use my instructions above and see if that straightens them for u--it worked for my Phillips 642--but I cannot get 5, 6, or 7 to play on it --oh nono I don't think it was the 170's season 4 because I used two dvd's --sorry

This question goes out to my fellow Canadians (because I am not sure whether or not this DVD player is available outside Canada):

What do you guys think about the LG LDA-530? It's available at Futureshop, and it has caught my eye. It seems quite good, and many people seem to prefer it over the Philips DVP 642. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
J

I updated my firmware from 0531 (meaning it was released May 31st, 2005) with the latest, 1109 (November 9, 2005) and now XviD plays well on my machine.

The firmware upgrade does help with the playing but it also includes a macrovision switch that wasn't in the earlier firmware.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a (DSE 5.1 CH DVD with USB & Card Reader (G1913)) ,users from Oz or NZ should know this brand,Which seems to play just about any divx/xvid file i.ve DL'ed , it does ,however play up a bit with high res converted divx files e.g. encoded with the insane setting or sometimes the best settings , but a recoding to medium quality seems to fix this.