Thanks alot, chowderheads

vystral

I feel for you' date=' they pay like $5 a day in Cumberland County,PA.[/quote']

Man, move out to California! They pay $15 here, and throw in a brown paperbag lunch from the cheapest deli they could find. My cousin actually got food poisoning one time.

Don't the *ahem* wonderful people we have working for us in Washington realize that I am spending ALOT of money to attend college?

Not Washington. Harrisburg. They control jury selection in PA.

Bright side - Take your textbooks (or homework solutions) and read them. You'll have the whole course memorized & ace the final test easy.

Not Washington. Harrisburg. They control jury selection in PA.

Good point.

Bright side - Take your textbooks (or homework solutions) and read them. You'll have the whole course memorized & ace the final test easy.

Nope, the packet I got says that we cannot bring any personal belongings, that includes books. Not that we use our books anyway... Speaking of which, anyone want a 3DS Max 5 book for cheap? They made me buy a Max 7 book immediately after my Max 5 book. All of the info in the Max 5 book is still important, I just don't need two of them.

Show up in your Starfleet uniform. I remember a few years back when somw lady in Texas was dismissed from jury duty for wearing hers to court.

You mean that one lady from Trekkies 1? If I recall right she wasn't dismissed from court, it was just frowned apon cause the media and press made a big issue of it. Once inside the court house everything was generally fine, it didn't cause any disturbances. But outside she was bombarded by the press and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried all sorts of things to get out of Jury Duty several years ago and nothing worked. :(

I ended up serving two days a week for a year. :(

But I made the best of it and in the long run it was interesting. :)

You should wore a shirt saying "Fry him" That normally works.

I'm pretty sure, that in PA, they base jury duty on being registered to vote. I could be wrong though.

You prabably will be in trouble for not showing. At least until you explain what happened, then you'll just have to sit jury duty again.

Where do you go to school? Obviously not CMU or Pitt as you apparently don't go to school in Oakland although your girlfriend does. Which one does she attend?

Oh, and for the record, I don't live in Pittsburgh.

Don't the *ahem* wonderful people we have working for us in Washington realize that I am spending ALOT of money to attend college?

Not Washington. Harrisburg.

Actually, woudn't Allegheny County or the City of Pittsburgh control Jury Selection in this case?

Oh, and I don't live in Allegheny County either.

Oh damn, I totally forgot to update on this!

I called Friday, they told me to call Tuesday after 5PM.

I called Tuesday, they told me to call Wednesday after 5PM.

I call Thursday morning (I forgot to call Wednesday) and they say TIME SERVED! SEE YA IN SIX YEARS!

Nice. :)