is DS9 any good?

dizzyg

I liked it, although i really had to get used to it... Esspecially to the characters and the station idea, but later in the series it got better.. I liked the dominion part a lot (although the end seemed a bit too simple...) but i didn't really like all that shit with the emissary... It had some good episodes, about that, but most are kinda boring. I can say season 1 & 2 are kinda boring, but you'll have to pull yourself through that :P

I can say season 1 & 2 are kinda boring :P

I wouldn't say that Seasons 1 & 2 are boring. Season 1 is certainly weaker than the rest, but remember that first seasons are all about introducing the characters, in all series, eg: Farscape, B5, Enterprise, TNG, VGR etc..., but there are still some good stories in there, especially episodes like the Jem'Hadar and The Maquis.

although the end seemed a bit too simple... :P

I have to concede to you on that point, the Dominion War was ended far too quickly, leaving the weaker arc of the Emissary/Par-Wraiths as the final two-parter.

well imo.. DS9 was very shallow, the characters didnt have consistency, no real personality..i saw it all.. and still think... voyager and TNG where muuch better.. i`m looking at enterprise now.. which is ok for now.. i`m waiting to see where they get all the upgrades.. shields, holo's, replicators..

personally.. i would love a show.. about a federation warship... i wish starship capitans would be more... impusive a little.. and not so forgiving.. i mean.. they allways let themselves shot several time before shooting back..which i would find very frustrating :)