Man Goes Bankrupt Building Starship Voyager Home.

synexo

At the bottom right hand side it says "As seen in the film Trekkies 2". Anyone familar with Trekkies 2?

c4 B)

That was the one that continues to poke fun a trek fanatics and those that embarass us all.

I can't believe the extremes people go just to be closer to Star Trek. The way I see it if you want to bring yourself closer to the Trek universe make a computer game or play one of the existing ones like Bridge Commander. You can get mods to make the game more enjoyable like warping from system to system or core ejection and the like.

In Elite Force there had been a planned 'Insurrection Alpha' mod but they took so long to finish it that they lost it all when their hard drive crashed. The fact that all of this was on one computer surprised me as they could have put their work on multiple machines to protect against that kind of loss. The mod team was large but fractious and prone to argument and division. These human problems prolonged the progress of the mod. I read the preliminary script for the mod and what they were doing went way beyond the events of the VOY episode it recreated, "Worst Case Scenario". I waited patiently for over a year for a first release but they only ever released a beta of one level and a great trailer, saying "coming soon". That 'soon' never came, not too long after I got EF the mod ended and the mod website went under. I was so dissapointed with them for not releasing their work in segments but they wanted their custom levels to be grandiose. It would have been incredible if completed but their quest for perfection resulted in a lost project and shattered dreams.

I highly recommend to all fans that you pursue realistic goals and achieve big ones one step at a time. Having great ideas and coupling them with great enthusiasm is nice but if you set your standard too high you will accomplish nothing. I have my own projects but I always pursue them one step at a time so I don't end up losing myself. The guys behind that big EF mod could have released their work in segments to grab and keep the interest of fans but in 2-3 years they released so little of their work. When their work was lost no one had anything to remember from their great project, which became a huge dissapointment. This accompanied by the fact that EF was so hard to mod in the first place. Jedi Knight was easier to mod because of programs like JED and JKEdit.

Achieving big goals by making baby steps is my advice to people who want to realize their Trek dreams. I still think the computer is the best way to do that because you don't have to lose your livelihood in the process.

Bla bla bla bla bla

At least the guy's doing something constructive and he might even make some $$$ doing it.

So in other words, he relied on other people to manage his project......

.....A bad idea, to be sure. He should've just kept doing a bit here & there until he had it done. It would've took longer, but he wouldn't be bankrupt!!

:stare:

He made a bad business decision. He thought that once his place was done up, everyone would be dying to get their place done up just like that. It's just not practical. It would be nice to have a room looking like that but definitely not the whole freaking place. And unfortunately he spent every cent he had doing it up.

Oh well, live and learn.

Guest c4evap

I'd like my whole place done over like that but I know I'd never be able to afford it. But yeah, he should have maybe done it in small dribs and drabs. It is a cool looking place though.

c4 B)

He probably forgot to take into account that most trekkers are not so rich and would be unable to spend millions on getting their homes done like that. I have an idea on how my future place will look like and it doesn't look like anything inside Voyager :p