Federation VS. Peacekeepers{Farscape}

superman9595

Federation, easily.

Peacekeeper vessels do not have shields. They rely on armorment and movement as their means of defense. Very few races, including the Peacekeepers, have shield technology in the Farscape universe.

As for their weapons, I think they could do damage, if they could get past Federation shield technology.

a Galaxy class ship vs a Peacekeeper Warcruiser, Feds win.

Federation, easily.

Peacekeeper vessels do not have shields. They rely on armorment and movement as their means of defense. Very few races, including the Peacekeepers, have shield technology in the Farscape universe.

As for their weapons, I think they could do damage, if they could get past Federation shield technology.

Actually, the Peacekeepers did have shields. In Season 1, ep. 7 the crew of Moya recover from the legendary PK ship Zalbinian a shield generator.

Federation, easily.

Actually, the Peacekeepers did have shields. In Season 1, ep. 7 the crew of Moya recover from the legendary PK ship Zalbinian a shield generator.

Yeah, but the Zalbinian was much larger than any Federation ship, and the shield required massive amounts of energy to keep it powered, which is why there were great big holes in it. Given that the attacking ship only had wimpy weapons and still did damage, all the federation ships would have to do would be keep pounding it until enough energy was drained to leave holes, then full phasers (Federation also have better weapons targeting, even NX-01 could target just the warp core or weapons etc) through the gap, and goodbye peacekeepers!

remeber , the peacekeeper warships are flying cities and also they have massive support vessels, if you look in the third season ,and they have multiple shield generators, federation is built for exploration, peacekeepers are built to wage war.

also , starburst is way faster than warp, and also the hech speed they travel is can go faster than light speed and they dont transition between warp and impulse unlike the federation so they have a tactical advantage, as most battles are fought at impulse, but peacekeeprs can go way aster than impulse

also ' date=' starburst is way faster than warp, and also the hech speed they travel is can go faster than light speed and they dont transition between warp and impulse unlike the federation so they have a tactical advantage, as most battles are fought at impulse, but peacekeeprs can go way aster than impulse[/quote']

I don't quite understand what you're getting at here, for two reasons.

1. I don't see why the transition between warp speed and impulse is such a tactical disadvantage. A Federation starship can come out of warp with full shields and all guns blazing if necessary.

2. Full Impulse is 1/4 speed of light, so yes, the PK battleships may be able to go faster than that, but starships can still fight at warp speed, as seen in various episodes. There's no evidence that PK crusiers can fight at faster than light speeds. In addition, federation starships can travel up to Warp 9.975 or something like that, which is much, much, much faster than anything in the farscape universe (including Starburst, which if I remember has no directional control-it always confused me that one -why use a really quick way of travelling if you have no control over where you go?), thus even if the PK crusiers are better armed (which I'm still not convinced about), federation starships could always resort to hit and run tactics, which would eventually win.

and they have multiple shield generators' date=' federation is built for exploration, peacekeepers are built to wage war. [/quote']

How many wars the Federation fought? I can remember at least 5 major wars -Klingons (twice), Borg (twice) and Dominion/Cardassians. Plus unseen wars against the Romulans.

Oh and there was the Xindi as well.

I think that the Federation can handle itself pretty well against war-like species.

thats my point exactly, when fed is at impulse, .25c while peacekeepers are at .9 c , who would have the advantage, and also, most battles are fought at impulse, + the peacekeepers are a very old civilization unlike humans and the federation

Ok, the PK might be able to get to 0.9c, but they still have two problems.

1. The reason most battles are fought at impulse, rather than faster is because it becomes very difficult to fight at faster speeds, time dilation effects and all that.. (sorry that's the physics degree put to good use!)

2. Although the PK might have the edge at sublight, as soon as you go into warp speed region, the federation have the advantage, because they can travel much faster. Whilst the PK crusier plods between systems, the starship can zip back to the nearest starbase, get repaired/rearmed, and zip back in front of the crusier. (Ok I may be exaggerating the difference a bit, but you get the idea)

Well, this brings me onto my second point above:

thus even if the PK crusiers are better armed (which I'm still not convinced about)' date=' federation starships could always resort to hit and run tactics[/quote']

From what I remember, the PK weaponry wasn't that great (although it's been a few years since I watched it), which was one of the reasons they were getting battered by the Scaarans in S4. Federation weaponry is demonstrably much better and improving (difference between Wolf359 and First Contact -not so many ships lost, plus a great big war against Dominion is bound to stimulate research into weapons technology). Also they have Voyager, which was equipped with all that future technology that future Janeway gave them in the last episode of VOY, so that they could beat the borg, destroy the transwarp coil matrix thing and still get back to earth.

Peacekeepers can't match that, I bet!

Federation, easily.

Yeah, but the Zalbinian was much larger than any Federation ship, and the shield required massive amounts of energy to keep it powered, which is why there were great big holes in it. Given that the attacking ship only had wimpy weapons and still did damage, all the federation ships would have to do would be keep pounding it until enough energy was drained to leave holes, then full phasers (Federation also have better weapons targeting, even NX-01 could target just the warp core or weapons etc) through the gap, and goodbye peacekeepers!

The gaps were because they only were able to repair and power up only a portion of the shield generator before they were attacked by the Sheyan.

My vote went to the Federation, but I guess by the time the Federation comes around the Peacekeepers should have a couple hundred years to improve the tech they have now.

Right? :thinking:

Peacekeepers = 21st Century Tech :stare:

Federation = 23rd+ Century Tech B)

But as we know them both now, the Federation should waste them. :p

My vote went to the Federation, but I guess by the time the Federation comes around the Peacekeepers should have a couple hundred years to improve the tech they have now.

Right? :thinking:

Peacekeepers = 21st Century Tech :stare:

Federation = 23rd+ Century Tech B)

But as we know them both now, the Federation should waste them. :p

Yeah, we don't know how long the PK have been bashing around the galaxy in farscape, they could have developed space flight much earlier, which they must have, because earth only has Crighton's little IASA pod, whereas the PK have a fleet of large attack crusiers, some of which have had time to be abandon, ie: Zalbinium.

Precisely' date=' it took a massive amount of energy to power the whole shields[/quote']Which the Peacekeepers were obviously capable of producing, otherwise there would not have been a shield generator installed. Peacekeepers are nothing if not practical. Actually, the reason for only half the shield is because the shield generator itself was damaged and and they only had enough working parts between the two sections to rebuild just one bank.